CFS AND LETTER OF ARTORNEY FOR IMPORT COSMETICS PRODUCT PROCLAMATION IN VIETNAM
According to current stipulations, to import cosmetics into Vietnam, importers have responsibility to submit cosmetic product proclamation (annoucement) to Drug Administration of Vietnam u(nder Ministry of Health). Among the dossier thereof a CFS (Certificate of free sale) and a Letter of Artorney are required. Contents of such documents should be met requirements of Vietnam.
In this article, to assist current and potential customers in preparing dossier, Logistics HP Global lists such requirements for CFS and Letter of Artorney:
At present, CFS and Letter of Artorney for Product Proclamation for import cosmetics in Vietnam are stipulated in Circular 06/2011/TT-BYT dated 25 Jan 2011 by Vietnam Ministry of Health on Cosmetics Management, they are:
Certificate of Free Sale (CFS)
As defined in Point 19, Article 2, Circular 06/2011/TT-BYT, Certificate of free sale (CFS) is a certify issued by an authority agency in the export country for the export domestics trader stated in CFS to confirms that the cosmetic is freely produced and sold in the export country.
The content of CFS should meet the following requrements:
- CFS should have the stamp and signature of the issuing competent agency in the exporting country;
- CFS number and date of issue.
- CFS should be still in the day of validity. In case CFS is not provided of the expiry day, it must be a certificate which has just been issued within 24 months.
- Goods eligible for CFS
- Type or category of goods eligible for CFS
- Manufacturer’s name and address
- The CFS clearly indicates that the goods are produced and freely sold in the market or the country of production or the country by which the CFS is issued.
- CFS must be consul legalized according to provisions of the law, except consul legalization immunity case according to the international treaties in which Vietnam is a member
Related legal document: Point 4, Article 4, Circular 06/2011/TT-BYT and Point 3, Article 10 Degree 69/2018/ND-CP
- In submiting proclamation for cosmetics products form CPTTP members who approved CPTTP, CFS is not required
- CFS of different countries will be in format of countries thereof, however, the contents need to meet above requirements to be accepted in Vietnam
Letter of Artorney
Letter of attorney from the producers or the owners of products authorized for organizations, individuals are responsible of putting products on the market in Vietnam
The content of Letter of Artorney should meet the following requrements:
- The presenting language must be Vietnamese or English or bilingual Vietnamese and English.
- The producer’s name and address; in case the delegating party is the owner of product, must clearly state name and address of the owner of product, and name and address of the producer as well
- The name and address of authorized organizations, individuals;
- The scope of authorization (undersigned on the proclamation and circulation product in Vietnam);
- The label or name of authorized product;
- The validity of authorization;
- The commitment of the producer or the owner of product to provide sufficient product information file (PIF) for organizations or individuals who are responsible for putting product on market;
- Name, position, and the signature of the delegating party’s representative.
- The letter of attorney must be a copy notarized sign and consul legalized as provisions of law, except for being exempted of the consul legalization in regard to international treaties in which Vietnam is a member
Related legal document: Point 4, Article 4 and Article 6 of Circular 06/2011/TT-BYT
+ Services Firms in Vietnam who provide services of Doing Cosmetics Product Proclamation (Annoucement) are normally provide form of Letter of Artorney for prepare draft of Letter of Artoney, based on that manufacturer/brand owner will sign and stamp to save time and avoid mistate
> Professional Cosmetics Product Procalamtion (Accouncement) Sevice -> Contact hotline: ++84 98 487 0199; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Logistics HP Global Vietnam
Freight forwarder, Customs Brokerage and Import license service
Room 2308, CT2 Van Khe, La Khe, Ha Dong, Hanoi
Phone: ++84 24 73008608 / Hotline: ++84 984870199/ ++84 8 8611 5726
– The article is for reference only, prior to using the content, it is suggested that you should contact HP Global for whether any update
– HP Global keep it full right copy right of the article. No copy for commercial purpose is approved.
– Any copy without approval by HP Global (even note quote from website hpgloballtd.com/hptoancau.com) can cause to our claim to google and related agencies.