Export Steel from Vietnam
With practical experience in handling exporting Steel, in this article, Logistics HP Global summarizes the contents related to Exporting Steelfrom Vietnam: Vietnam’s governmental management policy on exporting Steel; export procedures for Steel; Taxes on exporting Steel;… …
HS code of Steel
In order to properly determine policies, procedures of the export, one of the first thing needed to determine is the HS code of the commodity
Steel has many HS codes, depending on the nature of the item, you can choose a suitable HS code for the product.
The classification of a product to a certain HS code is based on the nature, composition, …. of the actual exported commodity at the export time, based on catalogue, technical documents (if any) or /and decided by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification. The actual inspection results of the Customs and announcement by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification are legal basis for applying HS code to exported good. Exporters are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the products are correctly classified.
Our above advised HS codes are for reference only.
For more information about this content, please refer to the article Definition of HS code in Vietnam
Ban on Import, export
According to the current regulation, Steelis not in the List of prohibited Exports from Vietnam, so the enterprise can do the export procedure pursuant to current stipulations.
Note: Some materials are banned from import in some countries based on their foreign trade policy for imported goods. Therefore, exporters can cross-check their product import requirements before ordering.
Before exporting, you must check whether the importing country prohibits the import of that product.
For more information, read the article List of prohibited exports from Vietnam
Export procedure of Steel from Vietnam
Governmental management on Steel
There isn’t no any special governmental management policy on Exporting Steel.
– Exporting iron and steel requires the approval of quality standards of government agencies in India. The export of such items is subject to their compliance with the quality approval certificate from Indian quality approval agencies.
– Each country has its own foreign trade policy to import Steel into their country. However, most countries have hazardous waste management, handle and handle boundary movement rules or similar agencies governing the import and consumption of Iron and Steel in their countries. Any importer who wants to import Iron and Steel must comply with the terms and conditions of such hazardous waste management, treatment and conversion rules before actually importing Iron and Steel.
– License from environment ministry to import steel.
Almost all countries have environmental departments to regulate the import, consumption and use of materials that affect the environment. Permission from the environmental department of such importing country is necessary to import some items according to Iron and Steel. In India, the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MOEF) is the government agency authorized to regulate those materials including imports.
Customs procedure of Export Steel from Vietnam
With no special governmental management policy, customs procedure of exporting Steelfrom Vietnam is the same as other common commodities.
Shipping mark for export Steel
For exports, to ensure the smoothness of transportation and customs procedures, Enterprise should have sufficient shipping mark.
Certificate of origin Steel
The Vietnamese government does not require exporter to make Vietnam origin for exports. However, in many cases, buyers will require the exporter to provide a Certificate of Origin in Vietnam. For customers in countries that have signed free trade agreements with Vietnam, they may require Certificates of Origin in the form so that buyers can enjoy special preferential import tax.
Check list of countries/territories that Vietnam signed Free Trade Agreements with Here
Customs Duties on exporting Steel
VAT on exporting Steel: pursuant to current stipulations, VAT on exported commodity is 0%
Export duty: Steelis not in Vietnam’s nomenclature of taxable exports (excluding products of heading 73.01 or 73.02).
Therefore, the exporters do not have to pay export tax.
See List of taxable export commodity in Vietnam Here
Shipping cost and time for exporting Steel
Shipping costs and transportation time are closely related. Depending on the nature of the commodity and requirement of the shipment, international transportation mode can be by sea, air, road, rail and express delivery. The enterprise should consider to make the most appropriate decision.
In some countries, customs clearance procedures and processes for importing steel are restricted through a number of ports in the importing country. Therefore, steel imports are allowed in some ports designated by the importing country. Such steel imports are allowed with a pre-delivery certificate issued by an approved government agency in the exporting country.
For more detailed advice on Export procedures, shipping methods and estimate for the full shipping cost, please contact us – Service Provider for exporting Steel
Hp Global Company Limited
Freight forwarder and Customs Brokerage
Room 2308, CT2 Van Khe, La Khe, Ha Dong, Hanoi
Phone: 024 73008608 / Hotline: 08 8611 5726
– The article is for reference only, prior to using the content, it is suggested that you should contact HP Global for whether any update o
– HP Global keep it full right copy right of the article. No copy for commercial purpose is approved.
– Any copy without approval by HP Global (even note quote from website hpgloballtd.com/hptoancau.com) can cause to our claim to google and related agencies.