Import Veneer wood (made from pine) to Vietnam
Customs procedures; import duty and transportation
You want to export Veneer wood (made from pine) to Vietnam? You need to calculate freight from export warehouse to Vietnam? You want to know about Vietnam’s procedure and import duties on importing Veneer wood (made from pine) to Vietnam? Import procedures for Veneer wood (made from pine)?
In this article, Logistics HP Global Vietnam, whose many years in providing freight and logistics services import Veneer wood (made from pine) from many countries to Vietnam, will share knowledge and advise on above issues.
HS code and import duty of Veneer wood (made from pine) in Vietnam
HS code of Veneer wood (made from pine) in Vietnam
In importing/exporting any commodity, In order to properly determine duties, policies, procedures of the commodity, one of the first thing needed to determine is the HS code of the commodity
veneer wood (made from pine)’s HS code : Chapter 44 – Wood and articles of wood; wood charcoal
VAT and preferential import duty on Veneer wood (made from pine) to Vietnam in 2023
|HS Code||Descriptions||VAT||Preferential Import duty||Normal import tax|
|4408||Sheets for veneering (including those obtained by slicing laminated wood), for plywood or for similar laminated wood and other wood, sawn lengthwise, sliced or peeled, whether or not planed, sanded, spliced or end-jointed, of a thickness not exceeding 6 mm.|
|44081090||– – Other||10%||0%||5%|
The classification of a product to a certain HS code is based on the nature, composition, …. of the actual exported commodity at the import time, based on catalogue, technical documents (if any) or /and decided by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification. The actual inspection results of the Customs and announcement by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification are legal basis for applying HS code to imported goods. Importers are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the products are correctly classified.
Our above advised HS codes are for reference only.
→ For more information about this content, please refer to the article Definition of HS code in Vietnam
Duties, Taxes on importing Veneer wood (made from pine) to Vietnam:
When importing Veneer wood (made from pine) to Vietnam, the importer needs to pay import value added tax (VAT) and Import duty. The above table shows VAT and Preferential Import duty based on HS code
Currently, Vietnam have signed FTA with more than 50 countries in the world. In case Veneer wood (made from pine) is imported from countries with free trade agreements with Vietnam, they may enjoy special preferential import duties if they meet the conditions set by the agreement.
Special Preferential Import duty of Veneer wood (made from pine) to Vietnam year 2023 under some FTAs:
|HS||ACFTA||ATIGA||AJCEP||VJEPA||AKFTA||AANZFTA||AIFTA·||VKFTA||VCFTA||VN- EAEU||CPTPP||AHKFTA||VNCU||EVFTA||UKVFTA||VN- LAO|
→ To check whether your country and Vietnam have MFN (Most favoured nation) and FTA (Free Trade Agreement), you can check at the article: Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
Are Veneer wood (made from pine) banned from importing to Vietnam?
According to the current regulation, Veneer wood (made from pine) is not in the List of prohibited imports into Vietnam, so the enterprise can do the import procedure pursuant to current stipulations.
→ For more information, read the article List of prohibited imports into Vietnam
Governmental management on veneer wood (made from pine) from Vietnam
What certificates are required in importing Veneer wood (made from pine) to Vietnam?
There isn’t no any special governmental management policy on Exporting veneer wood (made from pine)
Customs procedure to import Veneer wood (made from pine) into Vietnam:
What procedure of importing Veneer wood (made from pine) to Vietnam? What documents are needed when importing Veneer wood (made from pine) to Vietnam?
Customs dossier for importing Veneer wood (made from pine) commodity normally are as below:
- Commercial Invoice (Commercial Invoice)
- Bill of lading (Bill of Lading)
- Certificate of origin (Certificate of origin – in case the importer wants to enjoy special preferential import tax)
- In some cases: Packing List (Goods packing slip)
→ Contact us for inbound and outbound shipment to / from Vietnam – Email: email@example.com
Label for Veneer wood (made from pine) imported to Vietnam:
According to current stipulation, cargo imported into Vietnam need to have sufficient label
Imported goods need to be fully labeled according to current regulations.
Goods labels must show the following contents:
a) Name of goods;
b) Name and address of the organization or individual responsible for the goods;
c) Origin of goods;
Select HP Global as the freight forwarder for your shipments import veneer wood (made from pine) from Vietnam
Select HP Global as the freight forwarder/customs broker for your shipments import Veneer wood (made from pine) into Vietnam
HP Global is the freight forwarder with top reputation in Vietnam
- Member of WCA (top network for independent forwarders in the world
- Registered with the US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC)
- Member of VLA (Vietnam Logistics Business Association)
- A customs broker who is certified by Vietnam Customs department
We provide following services:
- Sea freight from Vietnamese ports to other countries and vice versa.
- Air freight from Vietnam Airports to other countries and vice versa
- Customs clearance service in Vietnam: Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh …
- Inland transportation in Vietnam: road, waterway, railway
- Consultation on the following contents: HS code, import tax, payment, product import policy, effective shipping solutions,…
- Other services: quality inspection, machinery inspection, cosmetic announcement, food supplement announcement, import, export license in Vietnam ….
→ Contact us for freight and inbound and outbound services for shipments to / from Vietnam – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may concern:
- Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
- Overview of Vietnam Seaports
- Import Cosmetics to Vietnam: Procedure and Duty
For consultation and quotation for cargo import to and export from Vietnam, contact us as below details
Logistics Hp Global Vietnam
Freight forwarder and Customs Brokerage
Room 2308, CT2 Van Khe, La Khe, Ha Dong, Hanoi
Phone: 024 73008608 / Hotline: ++84 984870199/ ++84 8 8611 5726
– The article is for reference only, prior to using the content, it is suggested that you should contact HP Global for whether any update
– HP Global keep it full right copy right of the article. No copy for commercial purpose is approved.
– Any copy without approval by HP Global (even note quote from website hpgloballtd.com/hptoancau.com) can cause to our claim to google and related agencies.