Import Wafers to Vietnam Customs procedures; import duty and transportation
You want to export Wafers to Vietnam? You need to calculate freight from export warehouse to Vietnam? You want to know about Vietnam’s procedure and import duties on importing Wafers to Vietnam? Import procedures for Wafers?
In this article, Logistics HP Global Vietnam, whose many years in providing freight and logistics services import Wafers from many countries to Vietnam, will share knowledge and advise on above issues.
HS code and import duty of Wafers in Vietnam
HS code of Wafers in Vietnam
In importing/exporting any commodity, In order to properly determine duties, policies, procedures of the commodity, one of the first thing needed to determine is the HS code of the commodity
Wafers under Chapter 19 – PREPARATIONS OF CEREALS, FLOUR, STARCH OR MILK; PASTRYCOOKS’ PRODUCTS
VAT and preferential import duty on Wafers to Vietnam in 2023
|HS Code||Descriptions||VAT||Preferential Import duty||Normal import tax|
|19053220||Bread, pastry, cakes, biscuits and other bakers’ wares, whether or not containing cocoa; communion wafers, empty cachets of a kind suitable for pharmaceutical use, sealing wafers, rice paper and similar products.|
|19053220||– – – Wafers||8%||35%||52,5%|
The classification of a product to a certain HS code is based on the nature, composition, …. of the actual exported commodity at the import time, based on catalogue, technical documents (if any) or /and decided by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification. The actual inspection results of the Customs and announcement by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification are legal basis for applying HS code to imported goods. Importers are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the products are correctly classified.
Our above advised HS codes are for reference only.
→ For more information about this content, please refer to the article Definition of HS code in Vietnam
Duties, Taxes on importing Wafers to Vietnam:
When importing Wafers to Vietnam, the importer needs to pay import value added tax (VAT) and Import duty. The above table shows VAT and Preferential Import duty based on HS code
Currently, Vietnam have signed FTA with more than 50 countries in the world. In case Wafers is imported from countries with free trade agreements with Vietnam, they may enjoy special preferential import duties if they meet the conditions set by the agreement.
Special Preferential Import duty of Wafers to Vietnam year 2023 under some FTAs:
→ To check whether your country and Vietnam have MFN (Most favoured nation) and FTA (Free Trade Agreement), you can check at the article: Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
Are Wafers banned from importing to Vietnam?
According to the current regulation, Wafers is not in the List of prohibited imports into Vietnam, so the enterprise can do the import procedure pursuant to current stipulations.
→ For more information, read the article List of prohibited imports into Vietnam
Governmental management on importing Wafers to Vietnam
What certificates are required in importing Wafers to Vietnam?
According to the Food Safety Law specified in Decree 15/2018 / ND-CP, before importing, enterprises should take samples of imported products for self-declaration. After completing the announcement, importing goods and performing quality inspection of food safety (registration for quality inspection at the national 1-stop portal)
=> After having the result of food safety quality inspection, submit to the customs the same set of import documents for customs clearance.
HP Global provide service for ………………..in Vietnam -> Contact ++84 984870199, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Customs procedure of import Wafers into Vietnam
Customs dossier for import of sponge cakes:
- Commercial Invoice (Commercial invoice)
- Packing List (Bill of packing goods)
- Bill of lading
- Certificate of origin – in case the importer wishes to enjoy special preferential import duties)
- Notification of National Quality Inspection Results on Food Safety and Hygiene
- Certificate of Food Safety Inspection Compliance (for customs clearance completion)
→ Contact us for inbound and outbound shipment to / from Vietnam – Email: email@example.com
Label for Wafers imported to Vietnam
According to current stipulation, cargo imported into Vietnam need to have sufficient label
Imported goods need to be fully labeled according to current regulations.
Goods labels must show the following contents:
a) Name of goods;
b) Name and address of the organization or individual responsible for the goods;
c) Origin of goods.
Additionally, for food products, the label must provide the following information:
- a) Quantitative
- b) Date of production;
- c) Expiry date;
- d) Ingredients or quantitative composition; nutritional components, nutritional content (if applicable); Content, presentation of nutritional components, nutritional value as per the Ministry of Health’s guidelines;
- e) Warning information;
- f) Usage instructions, storage instructions.
Select HP Global as the freight forwarder/customs broker for your shipments import Wafers into Vietnam
HP Global is a freight forwarder with a top reputation in Vietnam.
- Registered with the US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC)
- Member of WCA (top network for independent forwarders in the world); SCN (Security Cargo Network)
- Member of VLA (Vietnam Logistics Business Association)
- A certified customs broker by the Vietnam Customs department
We provide the following services:
- Sea freight from Vietnamese ports to other countries and vice versa.
- Air freight from Vietnam Airports to other countries and vice versa
- Customs clearance service in Vietnam: Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh …
- Inland transportation in Vietnam: road, waterway, railway
- Consultation on the following contents: HS code, import tax, payment, product import policy, effective shipping solutions,…
- Other services: quality inspection, machinery inspection, cosmetic announcement, food supplement announcement, import, export license in Vietnam ….
→ Contact us for freight and inbound and outbound services for shipments to / from Vietnam – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may concern:
- Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
- Overview of Vietnam Seaports
- Import Cosmetics to Vietnam: Procedure and Duty
For consultation and quotation for cargo import to and export from Vietnam, contact us as below details
Logistics HP Global Vietnam
Freight forwarder, Customs Broker and Vietnam Import/export license
Building No. 13, Lane 03, N003, Van Khe, La Khe, Ha Dong, Hanoi
Website: hpgloballtd.com / hptoancau.com
Phone: ++84 24 73008608 / Hotline: ++84 984870199/ ++84 8 8611 5726
– The article is for reference only, prior to using the content, it is suggested that you should contact HP Global for whether any update
– HP Global keep it full right copy right of the article. No copy for commercial purpose is approved.
– Any copy without approval by HP Global (even note quote from website hpgloballtd.com/hptoancau.com) can cause to our claim to google and related agencies