Import Soya beans to Vietnam
Customs procedures; import duty and transportation
You want to import Soya beans to Vietnam? You need to calculate freight from export warehouse to Vietnam? You want to know about Vietnam’s procedure and import duties on importing Soya beans to Vietnam? Import procedures for Soya beans?
In this article, Logistics HP Global Vietnam, whose many years in providing freight and logistics services import Soya beans from many countries to Vietnam, will share knowledge and advise on above issues.
HS code and import duty of Soya beans in Vietnam
HS code and import duty of Soya beans in Vietnam
In importing/exporting any commodity, In order to properly determine duties, policies, procedures of the commodity, one of the first thing needed to determine is the HS code of the commodity
Soya beans under Chapter 12: OIL SEEDS AND OLEAGINOUS FRUITS; MISCELLANEOUS GRAINS, SEEDS AND FRUIT; INDUSTRIAL OR MEDICINAL PLANTS; STRAW AND FODDER
VAT and preferential import duty on SOYA BEANS to Vietnam in 2023
|HS Code||Descriptions||VAT||Preferential Import duty||Normal import tax|
|1201||Soya beans, whether or not broken.|
The classification of a product to a certain HS code is based on the nature, composition, …. of the actual exported commodity at the import time, based on catalogue, technical documents (if any) or /and decided by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification. The actual inspection results of the Customs and announcement by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification are legal basis for applying HS code to imported goods. Importers are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the products are correctly classified.
Our above advised HS codes are for reference only.
→ For more information about this content, please refer to the article Definition of HS code in Vietnam
Duties, Taxes on importing Soya beans to Vietnam
When importing Soya beans to Vietnam, the importer needs to pay import value added tax (VAT) and Import duty. The above table shows VAT and Preferential Import duty based on HS code
Currently, Vietnam have signed FTA with more than 50 countries in the world. In case Soya beans is imported from countries with free trade agreements with Vietnam, they may enjoy special preferential import duties if they meet the conditions set by the agreement.
Special Preferential Import duty of Soya beans to Vietnam year 2023 under some FTAs:
→ To check whether your country and Vietnam have MFN (Most favoured nation) and FTA (Free Trade Agreement), you can check at the article: Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
Are Soya beans banned from importing to Vietnam
According to the current regulation, Soya beans is not in the List of prohibited imports into Vietnam, so the enterprise can do the import procedure pursuant to current stipulations.
→ For more information, read the article List of prohibited imports into Vietnam
Governmental management on importing Soya beans to Vietnam
What certificates are required in importing Soya beans to Vietnam?
Soya beans HS code 1201 under Annex II. List of HS codes of imports subject to specialized inspection before grant of customs clearance under the management of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development attached to Circular No. 11/2021/TT-BNNPTNT dated 20 Sep 2021 of The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
|HS code||Descriptions||Under List of Specialized Management|
|Quality certify||Food safety check|
|12.01||Soya beans, whether or not broken.|
- Soya beans to be imported for human being feed
- Can only import from countries that under List of countries are permitted for export of vegetable food to Vietnam.
- Quarantine and
- Food safety pass
- Soya beans to be imported for annimal feed
- Quarantine and
- Quality pass
HP Global provide service for quality inspection, food safety,..in Vietnam -> Contact ++84 984870199, email email@example.com
Customs procedure to import Soya beans into Vietnam:
What procedure of importing Soya beans to Vietnam? What documents are needed when importing Soya beans to Vietnam?
Customs dossier for importing Soya beans commodity normally are as below:
- Commercial Invoice (Commercial Invoice)
- Bill of lading (Bill of Lading)
- Certificate of origin (Certificate of origin – in case the importer wants to enjoy special preferential import tax)
- In some cases: Packing List (Goods packing slip)
→ Contact us for inbound and outbound shipment to / from Vietnam – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Label for Soya beans commodity imported to Vietnam:
According to current stipulation, cargo imported into Vietnam need to have sufficient label
Imported goods need to be fully labeled according to current regulations.
Goods labels must show the following contents:
a) Name of goods;
b) Name and address of the organization or individual responsible for the goods;
c) Origin of goods;
Vietnam’s Soya beans Import Turnover
Vietnam’s Import Turnover for Soya beans annually
Updated Vietnam’s Import value of Soya beans per territories/countries:
Which countries/territories do Vietnam import Soya beans from?
|Country||Unit||June – 2023||6 months 2023|
|Volume||Value (USD)||Volume||Value (USD)|
*Source: Synthesized data from statistics of the General Department of Customs Vietnam
Select HP Global as the freight forwarder/customs broker for your shipments import Soya beans into Vietnam
HP Global is the freight forwarder with top reputation in Vietnam
- Member of WCA (top network for independent forwarders in the world
- Registered with the US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC)
- Member of VLA (Vietnam Logistics Business Association)
- A customs broker who is certified by Vietnam Customs department
We provide following services:
- Sea freight from Vietnamese ports to other countries and vice versa.
- Air freight from Vietnam Airports to other countries and vice versa
- Customs clearance service in Vietnam: Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh …
- Inland transportation in Vietnam: road, waterway, railway
- Consultation on the following contents: HS code, import tax, payment, product import policy, effective shipping solutions,…
- Other services: quality inspection, machinery inspection, cosmetic announcement, food supplement announcement, import, export license in Vietnam ….
→ Contact us for freight and inbound and outbound services for shipments to / from Vietnam – Email: email@example.com
You may concern:
- Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
- Overview of Vietnam Seaports
- Import Cosmetics to Vietnam: Procedure and Duty
For consultation and quotation for cargo import to and export from Vietnam, contact us as below details
Logistics HP Global Vietnam
Freight forwarder, Customs Broker and Vietnam Import/export license
Building No. 13, Lane 03, N003, Van Khe, La Khe, Ha Dong, Hanoi
Website: hpgloballtd.com / hptoancau.com
Phone: ++84 24 73008608 / Hotline: ++84 984870199/ ++84 8 8611 5726
– The article is for reference only, prior to using the content, it is suggested that you should contact HP Global for whether any update
– HP Global keep it full right copy right of the article. No copy for commercial purpose is approved.
– Any copy without approval by HP Global (even note quote from website hpgloballtd.com/hptoancau.com) can cause to our claim to google and related agencies.