Import ice cream to Vietnam: Customs procedures; import duty and transportation
You want to export ice cream to Vietnam? You need to calculate freight from the export warehouse to Vietnam? You want to know about Vietnam’s procedure and import duties for importing ice cream to Vietnam? Import procedures for ice cream?
In this article, Logistics HP Global Vietnam, whose many years in providing freight and logistics services import ice cream from many countries to Vietnam, will share knowledge and advise on the above issues.
HS code and import duty of ice cream in Vietnam
HS code of ice cream in Vietnam
In importing/exporting any commodity, In order to properly determine duties, policies, procedures of the commodity, one of the first thing needed to determine is the HS code of the commodity
VAT and preferential import duty on ice cream to Vietnam in 2024
|Preferential Import duty
|Normal import tax
|Ice cream and other edible ice, whether or not containing cocoa
The classification of a product to a certain HS code is based on the nature, composition, …. of the actual exported commodity at the import time, based on catalog, technical documents (if any), or /and decided by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification. The actual inspection results of the Customs and announcement by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification are the legal basis for applying the HS code to imported goods. Importers are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the products are correctly classified.
Our above-advised HS codes are for reference only.
→ For more information about this content, please refer to the article Definition of HS code in Vietnam
Duties, Taxes on importing ice cream to Vietnam
When importing ice cream to Vietnam, the importer needs to pay import value-added tax (VAT) and Import duty. The above table shows VAT and Preferential Import duty based on HS code
Currently, Vietnam has signed FTA with more than 50 countries in the world. In case ice cream is imported from countries with free trade agreements with Vietnam, they may enjoy special preferential import duties if they meet the conditions set by the agreement.
Special Preferential Import duty of ice cream to Vietnam year 2024 under some FTAs:
→ To check whether your country and Vietnam have MFN (Most favoured nation) and FTA (Free Trade Agreement), you can check at the article: Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
→ To check whether your country and Vietnam have MFN (Most favoured nation) and FTA (Free Trade Agreement), you can check the article: Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
Are ice cream banned from importing to Vietnam?
According to the current regulation, ice cream is not in the List of prohibited imports into Vietnam, so the enterprise can do the import procedure under current stipulations.
→ For more information, read the article List of prohibited imports into Vietnam
Governmental management on importing ice cream to Vietnam
What certificates are required in importing ice cream to Vietnam?
Ice cream or milk ice cream products with the above HS code are on the list of goods managed by the Ministry of Industry and Trade. Accordingly, applying the Food Safety Law, when importing ice cream into Vietnam, it must carry out food hygiene and safety inspection and self-declaration.
*Note: Procedures for declaring food safety for ice cream or milk cream must be carried out before importing goods. Because the time to make a food safety declaration is very long, even lasting 30 days, the importer should consider completing this procedure before releasing the goods to avoid incurring storage fees.
HP Global provides service for customs brokerage, import – -export license service for cargo transportation from Vietnam to the world and vice versa -> Contact ++84 984870199, email email@example.com
Customs procedure to import ice cream into Vietnam
What procedure for importing ice cream to Vietnam? What documents are needed when importing ice cream to Vietnam?
- Commercial Invoice (Commercial Invoice)
- Bill of lading (Bill of Lading)
- Certificate of origin (Certificate of origin – in case the importer wants to enjoy special preferential import tax)
- In some cases: Packing List (Goods packing slip)
- Records of food safety announcement and food safety inspection
→ Contact us for inbound and outbound shipment to/from Vietnam – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Label for ice cream imported to Vietnam
According to the current stipulation, cargo imported into Vietnam needs to have sufficient label
Goods labels must show the following contents:
a) Name of goods;
b) Name and address of the organization or individual responsible for the goods;
c) Origin of goods;
d) Other contents according to the nature of each type of goods
For food items, the label needs to have the following additional information:
b) Date of manufacture;
c) Expiry date;
d) Ingredients or ingredient quantities; nutritional ingredients, nutritional value (if any);
The content, method of recording nutritional ingredients, nutritional value and implementation roadmap follow the instructions of the Minister of Health;
d) Warning information;
e) Instructions for use and storage instructions.
Freight Shipping For ice cream To Vietnam
Shipping time by sea and by air
To check the time and freight for specific point-to-point, you can email to email@example.com or call/Zalo to ++8488-611-5726;++84 984870199
Select HP Global as the freight forwarder/customs broker for your shipments import ice cream into Vietnam
HP Global is a freight forwarder with a top reputation in Vietnam.
- Registered with the US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC)
- Member of WCA (top network for independent forwarders in the world); SCN (Security Cargo Network)
- Member of VLA (Vietnam Logistics Business Association)
- A certified customs broker by the Vietnam Customs department
We provide the following services:
- Sea freight from Vietnamese ports to other countries and vice versa.
- Air freight from Vietnam Airports to other countries and vice versa
- Customs clearance service in Vietnam: Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh …
- Inland transportation in Vietnam: road, waterway, railway
- Consultation on the following contents: HS code, import tax, payment, product import policy, effective shipping solutions,…
- Other services: quality inspection, machinery inspection, cosmetic announcement, food supplement announcement, import, export license in Vietnam ….
- For ice cream, we provide full services including international freight, customs clearance
→ Contact us for freight and inbound and outbound services for shipments to/from Vietnam – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may concern:
- Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
- Overview of Vietnam Seaports
- Import Cosmetics to Vietnam: Procedure and Duty
For consultation and quotation for cargo import to and export from Vietnam, contact us as below details
Logistics HP Global Vietnam
Freight forwarder, Customs Broker and Vietnam Import/export license
Building No. 13, Lane 03, N003, Van Khe, La Khe, Ha Dong, Hanoi
Website: hpgloballtd.com / hptoancau.com
Phone: ++84 24 73008608 / Hotline: ++84 984870199/ ++84 8 8611 5726
– The article is for reference only, prior to using the content, it is suggested that you should contact HP Global for whether any update
– HP Global keep it full right copy right of the article. No copy for commercial purpose is approved.
– Any copy without approval by HP Global (even note quote from website hpgloballtd.com/hptoancau.com) can cause to our claim to google and related agencies.