Import Rice cooker into Vietnam:
Customs procedures; import duty and transportation
You want to export Rice cooker to Vietnam? You need to calculate freight from export warehouse to Vietnam? You want to know about Vietnam’s procedure and import duties on importing Rice cooker to Vietnam? Import procedures for Rice cooker?
In this article, Logistics HP Global Vietnam, whose many years in providing freight and logistics services import Rice cooker from many countries to Vietnam, will share knowledge and advise on above issues.
HS code and import duty of Rice cooker in Vietnam
HS code of Rice cooker in Vietnam
In importing/exporting any commodity, In order to properly determine duties, policies, procedures of the commodity, one of the first thing needed to determine is the HS code of the commodity
Rice cooker’s HS code in Chapter 85: ELECTRICAL MACHINERY AND EQUIPMENT AND PARTS THEREOF; SOUND RECORDERS AND REPRODUCERS, TELEVISION IMAGE AND SOUND RECORDERS AND REPRODUCERS, AND PARTS AND ACCESSORIES OF SUCH ARTICLES
VAT and preferential import duty on Rice cooker to Vietnam in 2023
|HS Code||Descriptions||VAT||Preferential Import duty||Normal import tax|
|8516||Electric instantaneous or storage water heaters and immersion heaters; electric space heating apparatus and soil heating apparatus; electro- thermic hair-dressing apparatus (for example, hair dryers, hair curlers, curling tong heaters) and hand dryers; electric smoothing irons; other electro- thermic appliances of a kind used for domestic purposes; electric heating resistors, other than those of heading 85.45.|
|85166010||– – Rice cookers||8%||20%||30%|
The classification of a product to a certain HS code is based on the nature, composition, …. of the actual exported commodity at the import time, based on catalogue, technical documents (if any) or /and decided by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification. The actual inspection results of the Customs and announcement by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification are legal basis for applying HS code to imported goods. Importers are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the products are correctly classified.
Our above advised HS codes are for reference only.
→ For more information about this content, please refer to the article Definition of HS code in Vietnam
Duties, Taxes on importing Rice cooker to Vietnam:
When importing Rice cooker to Vietnam, the importer needs to pay import value added tax (VAT) and Import duty. The above table shows VAT and Preferential Import duty based on HS code
Currently, Vietnam have signed FTA with more than 50 countries in the world. In case Rice cooker is imported from countries with free trade agreements with Vietnam, they may enjoy special preferential import duties if they meet the conditions set by the agreement.
Special Preferential Import duty of Rice cooker to Vietnam year 2023 under some FTAs:
|85166010||0 (-BN, KH, TH)||0||3||5||32||0||*||2 (GIC)||3||3,6||0||*||6,6||6,6||0|
→ To check whether your country and Vietnam have MFN (Most favoured nation) and FTA (Free Trade Agreement), you can check at the article: Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
Are Rice cooker banned from importing to Vietnam?
According to the current regulation, Rice cooker is not in the List of prohibited imports into Vietnam, so the enterprise can do the import procedure pursuant to current stipulations.
→ For more information, read the article List of prohibited imports into Vietnam
Governmental management on importing Rice cooker to Vietnam
Governmental management on Rice cooker commodity
- Rice cookers are under the specialized management of the Ministry of Science and Technology. According to Decision 2711/QD-BKHCN, when importing rice cookers with HS as above, enterprises must carry out state inspection of quality.
- According to Decision 04/2017/QD-TTg dated March 9, 2017 of the Prime Minister, when importing, it is necessary to test energy efficiency to label energy for rice cookers.
HP Global provide service for ………………..in Vietnam -> Contact ++84 984870199, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Customs procedure of import Rice cooker commodity into Vietnam
What procedure of importing Rice cooker to Vietnam? What documents are needed when importing Rice cooker to Vietnam?
- Commercial Invoice (Commercial Invoice)
- Bill of lading (Bill of Lading)
- Certificate of origin (Certificate of origin – in case the importer wants to enjoy special preferential import tax)
- In some cases: Packing List (Goods packing slip)
- Register for quality inspection (when the goods have not arrived at the port)
- Certificate of passing quality inspection according to standards
→ Contact us for inbound and outbound shipment to / from Vietnam – Email: email@example.com
Label for import Rice cooker
According to current stipulation, cargo imported into Vietnam need to have sufficient label
Imported goods need to be fully labeled according to current regulations.
Goods labels must show the following contents:
- a) Name of goods;
- b) Name and address of the organization or individual responsible for the goods;
- c) Origin of goods;
- d) In addition, for rice cookers, an energy label is required for the product.
Select HP Global as the freight forwarder/customs broker for your shipments import Rice cooker into Vietnam
HP Global is a freight forwarder with a top reputation in Vietnam.
- Registered with the US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC)
- Member of WCA (top network for independent forwarders in the world); SCN (Security Cargo Network)
- Member of VLA (Vietnam Logistics Business Association)
- A certified customs broker by the Vietnam Customs department
We provide the following services:
- Sea freight from Vietnamese ports to other countries and vice versa.
- Air freight from Vietnam Airports to other countries and vice versa
- Customs clearance service in Vietnam: Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh …
- Inland transportation in Vietnam: road, waterway, railway
- Consultation on the following contents: HS code, import tax, payment, product import policy, effective shipping solutions,…
- Other services: quality inspection, machinery inspection, cosmetic announcement, food supplement announcement, import, export license in Vietnam ….
→ Contact us for freight and inbound and outbound services for shipments to / from Vietnam – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may concern:
- Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
- Overview of Vietnam Seaports
- Import Cosmetics to Vietnam: Procedure and Duty
For consultation and quotation for cargo import to and export from Vietnam, contact us as below details
Logistics HP Global Vietnam
Freight forwarder, Customs Broker and Vietnam Import/export license
Building No. 13, Lane 03, N003, Van Khe, La Khe, Ha Dong, Hanoi
Website: hpgloballtd.com / hptoancau.com
Phone: ++84 24 73008608 / Hotline: ++84 984870199/ ++84 8 8611 5726
– The article is for reference only, prior to using the content, it is suggested that you should contact HP Global for whether any update
– HP Global keep it full right copy right of the article. No copy for commercial purpose is approved.
– Any copy without approval by HP Global (even note quote from website hpgloballtd.com/hptoancau.com) can cause to our claim to google and related agencies