Export Electronics from Vietnam
With practical experience in handling exporting Electronics, in this article, Logistics HP Global summarizes the contents related to Exporting Electronics from Vietnam: Vietnam’s governmental management policy on exporting Electronics; export procedures for Electronics; Taxes on exporting Electronics;… …
HS code of Electronics
In order to properly determine policies, procedures of the export, one of the first thing needed to determine is the HS code of the commodity
For electronics you can refer to the HS code of the chapter 85: Electrical machinery and equipment and parts thereof; sound recorders and reproducers, television image and sound recorders and reproducers, and parts and accessories of such articles
You can refer to the article HS codes and Import-Export tax of Electronics from Vietnam
The classification of a product to a certain HS code is based on the nature, composition, …. of the actual exported commodity at the export time, based on catalogue, technical documents (if any) or /and decided by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification. The actual inspection results of the Customs and announcement by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification are legal basis for applying HS code to exported good. Exporters are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the products are correctly classified.
Our above advised HS codes are for reference only.
For more information about this content, please refer to the article Definition of HS code in Vietnam
Ban on Import, export
According to the current regulation, Electronics is not in the List of prohibited Exports from Vietnam, so the enterprise can do the export procedure pursuant to current stipulations.
For more information, read the article List of prohibited exports from Vietnam
- Note: Some of the products may be prohibited to import based on foreign trade policy on imports. So importer can cross check the requirements of import of electronic products before placing an order with the buyer in Vietnam.
Export procedure from Vietnam of Electronics
Governmental management on Electronics
There isn’t no any special governmental management policy on Exporting Electronics
Customs procedure of Export Electronics from Vietnam
Customs procedure of exporting Electronics from Vietnam is the same as other common commodities.
Shipping mark for export Electronics
For exports, to ensure the smoothness of transportation and customs procedures, Enterprise should have sufficient shipping mark.
Certificate of origin Electronics
The Vietnamese government does not require exporter to make Vietnam origin for exports. However, in many cases, buyers will require the exporter to provide a Certificate of Origin in Vietnam. For customers in countries that have signed free trade agreements with Vietnam, they may require Certificates of Origin in the form so that buyers can enjoy special preferential import tax.
Check list of countries/territories that Vietnam signed Free Trade Agreements with Here
- Note: The source of origin of imported electronic goods is required in almost all countries . The certificate of origin issued by necessary approved authorities at exporting country is required to import electronics from Vietnam. It helps to determine the origin of imported electronic goods to avail exemption on import duties and taxes. Different unilateral, multilateral, and a bilateral agreement between India and Vietnam allows importing and exports with an exemption of import duties wherein Certificate of Origin is the primary proof on country of origin of imported goods under Electronics goods.
Customs Duties on exporting Electronics
VAT on exporting Electronics: pursuant to current stipulations, VAT on exported commodity is 0%
Export duty: Electronics is not in Vietnam’s nomenclature of taxable exports, therefore, the exporters do not have to pay export tax.
See List of taxable export commodity in Vietnam Here
Shipping cost and time for exporting Electronics
Shipping costs and transportation time are closely related. Depending on the nature of the commodity and requirement of the shipment, international transportation mode can be by sea, air, road, rail and express delivery. The enterprise should consider to make the most appropriate decision.
For more detailed advice on Export procedures, shipping methods and estimate for the full shipping cost, please contact us – Service Provider for exporting Electronics
Hp Global Company Limited
Freight forwarder and Customs Brokerage
Room 2308, CT2 Van Khe, La Khe, Ha Dong, Hanoi
Phone: 024 73008608 / Hotline: 08 8611 5726
– The article is for reference only, prior to using the content, it is suggested that you should contact HP Global for whether any update o
– HP Global keep it full right copy right of the article. No copy for commercial purpose is approved.
– Any copy without approval by HP Global (even note quote from website hpgloballtd.com/hptoancau.com) can cause to our claim to google and related agencies.