Import instant seaweed to Vietnam: Customs procedures; import duty and transportation
You want to export instant seaweed to Vietnam? You need to calculate freight from the export warehouse to Vietnam? You want to know about Vietnam’s procedure and import duties for importing instant seaweed to Vietnam? Import procedures for instant seaweed?
In this article, Logistics HP Global Vietnam, whose many years in providing freight and logistics services import instant seaweed from many countries to Vietnam, will share knowledge and advise on the above issues.
HS code and import duty of instant seaweed in Vietnam
HS code of instant seaweed in Vietnam
In importing/exporting any commodity, In order to properly determine duties, policies, procedures of the commodity, one of the first thing needed to determine is the HS code of the commodity
VAT and preferential import duty on instant seaweed to Vietnam in 2024
|Preferential Import duty
|Normal import tax
|Fruit, nuts and other edible parts of plants, otherwise prepared or preserved, whether or not containing added sugar or other sweetening matter or spirit, not elsewhere specified or included
|– – – Other
The classification of a product to a certain HS code is based on the nature, composition, …. of the actual exported commodity at the import time, based on catalog, technical documents (if any), or /and decided by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification. The actual inspection results of the Customs and announcement by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification are the legal basis for applying the HS code to imported goods. Importers are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the products are correctly classified.
Our above-advised HS codes are for reference only.
→ For more information about this content, please refer to the article Definition of HS code in Vietnam
Duties, Taxes on importing instant seaweed to Vietnam
When importing instant seaweed to Vietnam, the importer needs to pay import value-added tax (VAT) and Import duty. The above table shows VAT and Preferential Import duty based on HS code
Currently, Vietnam has signed FTA with more than 50 countries in the world. In case instant seaweed is imported from countries with free trade agreements with Vietnam, they may enjoy special preferential import duties if they meet the conditions set by the agreement.
Special Preferential Import duty of instant seaweed to Vietnam year 2024 under some FTAs:
|0 (-MM, TH, CN)
→ To check whether your country and Vietnam have MFN (Most favoured nation) and FTA (Free Trade Agreement), you can check at the article: Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
→ To check whether your country and Vietnam have MFN (Most favoured nation) and FTA (Free Trade Agreement), you can check the article: Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
Are instant seaweed banned from importing to Vietnam?
According to the current regulation, instant seaweed is not in the List of prohibited imports into Vietnam, so the enterprise can do the import procedure under current stipulations.
→ For more information, read the article List of prohibited imports into Vietnam
Governmental management on importing instant seaweed to Vietnam
What certificates are required in importing instant seaweed to Vietnam?
When importing instant seaweed with the above HS code, the importer must self-declarate. (This procedure should be completed before goods can be imported into Vietnam)
Self-declared documents include:
- Product self-declaration copy
- Product food safety testing result certificate within 12 months issued by a designated testing laboratory or an accredited testing laboratory in accordance with ISO 17025
- Business registration certificate with food business
- Product samples and labels + label sample images (Need to import sample products for testing)
Note: For ready-to-eat seaweed products (airtight canned, with added sugar or other sweeteners or alcohol, not detailed or recorded elsewhere or processed types packaged in sealed packaging labeled label), then only need to make self-declaration, no need to do food safety inspection and quarantine. (Regulated in Section 9 Circular 11/2021/TT-BNNPTNT)
HP Global provides service for customs brokerage, import – -export license service for cargo transportation from Vietnam to the world and vice versa -> Contact ++84 984870199, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Customs procedure to import instant seaweed into Vietnam
What procedure for importing instant seaweed to Vietnam? What documents are needed when importing instant seaweed to Vietnam?
- Commercial Invoice (Commercial Invoice)
- Bill of lading (Bill of Lading)
- Certificate of origin (Certificate of origin – in case the importer wants to enjoy special preferential import tax)
- In some cases: Packing List (Goods packing slip)
- Self-publish the product
→ Contact us for inbound and outbound shipment to/from Vietnam – Email: email@example.com
Label for instant seaweed mported to Vietnam
According to the current stipulation, cargo imported into Vietnam needs to have sufficient label
Goods labels must show the following contents:
a) Name of goods;
b) Name and address of the organization or individual responsible for the goods;
c) Origin of goods;
d) Other contents according to the nature of each type of goods
For food items, the label needs to have the following additional information:
b) Date of manufacture;
c) Expiry date;
d) Ingredients or ingredient quantities; nutritional ingredients, nutritional value (if any);
The content, method of recording nutritional ingredients, nutritional value and implementation roadmap follow the instructions of the Minister of Health;
d) Warning information;
e) Instructions for use and storage instructions.
Freight Shipping For instant seaweed To Vietnam
Shipping time by sea and by air
To check the time and freight for specific point-to-point, you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call/Zalo to ++8488-611-5726;++84 984870199
Select HP Global as the freight forwarder/customs broker for your shipments import instant seaweed into Vietnam
HP Global is a freight forwarder with a top reputation in Vietnam.
- Registered with the US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC)
- Member of WCA (top network for independent forwarders in the world); SCN (Security Cargo Network)
- Member of VLA (Vietnam Logistics Business Association)
- A certified customs broker by the Vietnam Customs department
We provide the following services:
- Sea freight from Vietnamese ports to other countries and vice versa.
- Air freight from Vietnam Airports to other countries and vice versa
- Customs clearance service in Vietnam: Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh …
- Inland transportation in Vietnam: road, waterway, railway
- Consultation on the following contents: HS code, import tax, payment, product import policy, effective shipping solutions,…
- Other services: quality inspection, machinery inspection, cosmetic announcement, food supplement announcement, import, export license in Vietnam ….
- For instant seaweed, we provide full services including international freight, customs clearance
→ Contact us for freight and inbound and outbound services for shipments to/from Vietnam – Email: email@example.com
You may concern:
- Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
- Overview of Vietnam Seaports
- Import Cosmetics to Vietnam: Procedure and Duty
For consultation and quotation for cargo import to and export from Vietnam, contact us as below details
Logistics HP Global Vietnam
Freight forwarder, Customs Broker and Vietnam Import/export license
Building No. 13, Lane 03, N003, Van Khe, La Khe, Ha Dong, Hanoi
Website: hpgloballtd.com / hptoancau.com
Phone: ++84 24 73008608 / Hotline: ++84 984870199/ ++84 8 8611 5726
– The article is for reference only, prior to using the content, it is suggested that you should contact HP Global for whether any update
– HP Global keep it full right copy right of the article. No copy for commercial purpose is approved.
– Any copy without approval by HP Global (even note quote from website hpgloballtd.com/hptoancau.com) can cause to our claim to google and related agencies.