Import Medical equipment to Vietnam
With many years of experience in handling importing Medical equipment, in this article, Logistics HP Global summarizes the contents related to importing Medical equipment into Vietnam: Vietnam’s governmental management policy on importing Medical equipment; Import procedures for Medical equipment; Taxes on importing Medical equipment;… …
HS code of Medical equipment
In order to properly determine policies, procedures of the import, one of the first thing needed to determine is the HS code of the commodity
Medical equipment means all kinds of in-vitro diagnostic equipment, instruments, chemicals, diagnostic chemicals, software (software) used individually or in combination with each other according to the owner’s designation. for humans for one or more of the following purposes:
- a) Diagnosis, prevention, monitoring, treatment and mitigation of disease or injury compensation;
- b) Examining, replacing, adjusting or supporting anatomical and physiological processes;
- c) Assist or sustain life;
- d) Control conception;
- d) Disinfecting medical equipment (excluding chemicals, insecticidal and germicidal preparations for domestic and medical use);
- e) Use for medical equipment;
- g) Specialized transportation for medical activities.
- In vitro diagnostic chemicals include reagents, diagnostic reagents and cleaning solutions used for medical equipment (not including in-vitro diagnostic bio-products).
The classification of a product to a certain HS code is based on the nature, composition, …. of the actual imported commodity at the import time, based on catalogue, technical documents (if any) or /and decided by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification. The actual inspection results of the Customs and announcement by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification are legal basis for applying HS code to imported good. Importers are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the products are correctly classified.
Our above advised HS codes are for reference only.
For more information about this content, please refer to the article Definition of HS code in Vietnam
Ban on import, export
According to the current regulation, Medical equipment is not in the List of prohibited imports into Vietnam, so the enterprise can do the import procedure pursuant to current stipulations.
For more information, read the article List of prohibited imports into Vietnam
Import procedure to Vietnam of Medical equipment
Governmental management on Medical equipment
Medical equipment items under the specialized management of the Ministry of Health. When importing enterprises must classify medical equipment and must have receipt of dossiers of announcement of eligibility for classification of medical equipment for customs procedures.
And in the case of medical equipment with HS codes on the list of medical equipment subject to import licenses (According to Circular No. 14/2018 / TT-BYT dated May 15, 2018 and Circular 30/2015/ TT-BYT), when importing medical equipment, when importing, must apply for import license.
Customs procedure of import Medical equipment into Vietnam
According to Decree 36/2016 / ND-CP on management of medical equipment, businesses need to prepare:
-The usual set of documents when importing goods
-Import license (if the item has HS code of Circular 14/2018 / TT-BYT)
-Business certificate or investment certificate
-The certificate of ISO 13485 or ISO 9001 international quality management standard is valid and the validity period of the manufacturer or manufacturer of the imported medical equipment.
-Certificate of free circulation for imported medical equipment and CFS products
– Product description catalog
-Technical document describing imported medical equipment and products in Vietnamese (Appendix 4)
– Results of clinical trial evaluation of medical equipment applied for import
=> Records published
– Number of the receipt of application file (type A) or number of certificate of registration of circulation (B, C, D)
Label for import Medical equipment
According to current stipulation, cargo imported into Vietnam need to have sufficient label
Customs Duties on importing Medical equipment
When importing Medical equipment, the importer needs to pay import duties and value added tax (VAT).
VAT on Medical equipment: 5%.
Preferential import tax rate on Medical equipment is 0% ( depending on HS code).
Shipping Cost and time for importing Medical equipment
Shipping costs and transportation time are closely related. Depending on the nature of the commodity and requirement of the shipment, the commodities could be transported by sea, air, road, rail and express delivery. The enterprise should consider to make the most appropriate decision.
For more detailed advice on import procedures, shipping methods and estimate for the full shipping cost, please contact us – Service Provider for exporting Medical equipment
Hp Global Company Limited
Freight forwarder and Customs Brokerage
Room 2308, CT2 Van Khe, La Khe, Ha Dong, Hanoi
Phone: 024 73008608 / Hotline: ++84 8 8611 5726
– The article is for reference only, prior to using the content, it is suggested that you should contact HP Global for any update or not
– HP Global keep it full right copy of the article. No copy for commercial purpose is approved.
– Any copy without approval by HP Global (even note quote from website hpgloballtd.com/hptoancau.com) can cause to our claim to google and related agencies.