Import Pulse Oximeter into Vietnam Customs procedures; import duty and transportation
You want to export Pulse Oximeter to Vietnam? You need to calculate freight from export warehouse to Vietnam? You want to know about Vietnam’s procedure and import duties on importing Pulse Oximeter to Vietnam? Import procedures for Pulse Oximeter?
In this article, Logistics HP Global Vietnam, whose many years in providing freight and logistics services import Pulse Oximeter from many countries to Vietnam, will share knowledge and advise on above issues.
HS code and import duty of Pulse Oximeter in Vietnam
HS code of Pulse Oximeter in Vietnam
In importing/exporting any commodity, In order to properly determine duties, policies, procedures of the commodity, one of the first thing needed to determine is the HS code of the commodity
Pulse Oximeter’s HS code: Chapter 90 – OPTICAL, PHOTOGRAPHIC, CINEMATOGRAPHIC, MEASURING, CHECKING, PRECISION, MEDICAL OR SURGICAL INSTRUMENTS AND APPARATUS; PARTS AND ACCESSORIES THEREOF
VAT and preferential import duty on Pulse Oximeter to Vietnam in 2023
|HS Code||Descriptions||VAT||Preferential Import duty||Normal import tax|
|9027||Instruments and apparatus for physical or chemical analysis (for example, polarimeters, refractometers, spectrometers, gas or smoke analysis apparatus); instruments and apparatus for measuring or checking viscosity, porosity, expansion, surface tension or the like; instruments and apparatus for measuring or checking quantities of heat, sound or light (including exposure meters); microtomes.|
|90278990||– – – Other||10%||0%||5%|
The classification of a product to a certain HS code is based on the nature, composition, …. of the actual exported commodity at the import time, based on catalogue, technical documents (if any) or /and decided by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification. The actual inspection results of the Customs and announcement by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification are legal basis for applying HS code to imported goods. Importers are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the products are correctly classified.
Our above advised HS codes are for reference only.
→ For more information about this content, please refer to the article Definition of HS code in Vietnam
Duties, Taxes on importing Pulse Oximeter to Vietnam:
When importing Pulse Oximeter to Vietnam, the importer needs to pay import value added tax (VAT) and Import duty. The above table shows VAT and Preferential Import duty based on HS code
Currently, Vietnam have signed FTA with more than 50 countries in the world. In case Pulse Oximeter is imported from countries with free trade agreements with Vietnam, they may enjoy special preferential import duties if they meet the conditions set by the agreement.
Special Preferential Import duty of Pulse Oximeter to Vietnam year 2023 under some FTAs:
→ To check whether your country and Vietnam have MFN (Most favoured nation) and FTA (Free Trade Agreement), you can check at the article: Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
Are Pulse Oximeter banned from importing to Vietnam?
According to the current regulation, Pulse Oximeter is not in the List of prohibited imports into Vietnam, so the enterprise can do the import procedure pursuant to current stipulations.
→ For more information, read the article List of prohibited imports into Vietnam
Governmental management on importing Pulse Oximeter to Vietnam
What certificates are required in importing Pulse Oximeter to Vietnam?
Equipment for measuring blood oxygen concentration and heart rate with the above HS code belongs to goods under the management of the Ministry of Health, when imported, it is necessary to classify medical equipment. (This item does not require a license)
> Medical equipment C
Customs procedure of import Pulse Oximeter into Vietnam
What procedure of importing Pulse Oximeter to Vietnam? What documents are needed when importing Pulse Oximeter to Vietnam?
Customs dossier for importing Pulse Oximeter normally are as below:
- Commercial Invoice (Commercial Invoice)
- Bill of lading (Bill of Lading)
- Certificate of origin (Certificate of origin – in case the importer wants to enjoy special preferential import tax)
- In some cases: Packing List (Goods packing slip)
- Result of classification of medical equipment
- Import license (for oxygen ventilators)
Label for Pulse Oximeter imported to Vietnam
According to current stipulation, cargo imported into Vietnam need to have sufficient label
Imported goods need to be fully labeled according to current regulations.
Goods labels must show the following contents:
a) Name of goods;
b) Name and address of the organization or individual responsible for the goods;
c) Origin of goods;
d) Other contents according to the nature of each type of goods
Labels of medical equipment need to show:
a) Circulation number or number of the license to import medical equipment;
b) The batch number or serial number of the medical device;
c) Date of manufacture, expiry date: Sterilized, single-use medical equipment, reagents, calibrators, control materials, chemicals must have the expiry date inscribed. In other cases, the date of manufacture or the expiry date shall be recorded;
d) Information on warnings, instructions for use, instructions for storage, and warranty facilities: Can be shown directly on the label of medical equipment or clearly stated instructions to look up this information on the page label. medical equipment.
Article 54 “Medical equipment labels”, the Decree on Management of medical equipment stipulates:
1. The labeling of medical equipment must comply with current regulations of law on goods labels.
2. Medical equipment imported into Vietnam that has not been shown on the label or does not display enough contents as prescribed in Clause 1 of this Article must have an additional label showing the mandatory contents in Vietnamese and keep the original label of the goods.
Select HP Global as the freight forwarder/customs broker for your shipments import Pulse Oximeter into Vietnam
HP Global is the freight forwarder with top reputation in Vietnam
- Member of WCA (top network for independent forwarders in the world
- Registered with the US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC)
- Member of VLA (Vietnam Logistics Business Association)
- A customs broker who is certified by Vietnam Customs department
We provide following services:
- Sea freight from Vietnamese ports to other countries and vice versa.
- Air freight from Vietnam Airports to other countries and vice versa
- Customs clearance service in Vietnam: Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh …
- Inland transportation in Vietnam: road, waterway, railway
- Consultation on the following contents: HS code, import tax, payment, product import policy, effective shipping solutions,…
- Other services: quality inspection, machinery inspection, cosmetic announcement, food supplement announcement, import, export license in Vietnam ….
- For Pulse Oximeter, we provide full services including international freight, customs clearance
→ Contact us for freight and inbound and outbound services for shipments to / from Vietnam – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may concern:
- Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
- Overview of Vietnam Seaports
- Import Cosmetics to Vietnam: Procedure and Duty
For consultation and quotation for cargo import to and export from Vietnam, contact us as below details
Logistics HP Global Vietnam
Freight forwarder, Customs Broker and Vietnam Import/export license
Building No. 13, Lane 03, N003, Van Khe, La Khe, Ha Dong, Hanoi
Website: hpgloballtd.com / hptoancau.com
Phone: ++84 24 73008608 / Hotline: ++84 984870199/ ++84 8 8611 5726
– The article is for reference only, prior to using the content, it is suggested that you should contact HP Global for whether any update
– HP Global keep it full right copy right of the article. No copy for commercial purpose is approved.
– Any copy without approval by HP Global (even note quote from website hpgloballtd.com/hptoancau.com) can cause to our claim to google and related agencies