Export rice From Vietnam: Freight, Procedure And Export Duties In Vietnam
Do you want to import rice from Vietnam? Do you need to calculate freight from Vietnam to your place? Do you want to know more about Vietnam’s procedure and export duties on exporting rice from Vietnam?
In this article, Logistics HP Global Vietnam, whose many years of freight and logistics services exports rice from Vietnam.
HS code and export duty of rice in Vietnam
In importing/exporting any commodity, In order to properly determine duties, policies, and procedures of the commodity, one of the first things needed to determine is the HS code of the commodity
HS code of rice in Vietnam
Rice under Chapter 10: Cereals
|HS Code||Descriptions||Export VAT (%)||Export duty(%)|
|100610||– Rice in the husk (paddy or rough):|
|10061010||– – Suitable for sowing||0||0|
|10061090||– – Other||0||0|
|100620||– Husked (brown) rice:|
|10062010||– – Hom Mali rice||0||0|
|10062090||– – Other||0||0|
|100630||– Semi-milled or wholly milled rice, whether or not polished or glazed:|
|10063030||– – Glutinous rice||0||0|
|10063040||– – Hom Mali rice||0||0|
|10063050||– – Basmati rice||0||0|
|10063060||– – Malys rice||0||0|
|10063070||– – Other fragrant rice||0||0|
|– – Other:|
|10063091||– – – Parboiled rice||0||0|
|10063099||– – – Other||0||0|
|100640||– Broken rice:|
|10064010||– – Of a kind used for animal feed||0||0|
|10064090||– – Other||0||0|
The classification of a product to a certain HS code is based on the nature, composition, …. of the actual exported commodity at the export time, based on catalog, technical documents (if any), or /and decided by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification. The actual inspection results of the Customs and announcement by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification are the legal basis for applying the HS code to exported goods. Exporters are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the products are correctly classified.
Our above-advised HS codes are for reference only.
>> For more information about this content, please refer to the article Definition of HS code in Vietnam
→ For more information, read the article List of prohibited exports from Vietnam
Customs Duties on exporting rice in Vietnam
When exporting rice from Vietnam, the exporter has to pay:
Do not have to pay VAT (pursuant to current stipulations, VAT on exported commodities in Vietnam is 0%
Export duty: as per the above table
For taxable commodities with a tariff of more than 0%, please note that cargo exported to EU, UK, or members of CPTTP, cargos can enjoy special preferential export duty under such FTAs
→ To check whether your country and Vietnam have MFN (Most favored nation) and FTA (Free Trade Agreement), you can check the article: Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
→ See List of taxable export commodities in Vietnam Here
Governmental management and export procedure of rice in Vietnam
Regulations on Rice Export: Decree No. 107/2018/NĐ-CP
What license does rice commodity need to export?
=> According to Decree No. 107/2018/NĐ-CP on rice export business, enterprises need to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility for rice export business from the Ministry of Industry and Trade. To obtain this certificate, rice export businesses must meet certain conditions and submit a complete application dossier.
Conditions for Rice Export Business
- Traders can engage in rice export business if they meet the following conditions:
a) Have at least one specialized warehouse suitable for storing paddy and rice, complying with national standards and technical regulations on warehouse storage, as issued by competent authorities under the Law on Standards and Technical Regulations (QCVN 01 – 133: 2013/BNNPTNT).
b) Have at least one milling, grinding, or processing facility for paddy and rice, complying with national standards and technical regulations on warehouse storage and processing facilities, as issued by competent authorities under the Law on Standards and Technical Regulations (QCVN 01 – 134: 2013/BNNPTNT).
- Warehouses, milling, grinding, and processing facilities meeting the business conditions specified in clause 1 may be owned by traders or leased from other organizations or individuals under a written lease agreement with a minimum term of 5 years.
Traders with a Certificate of Eligibility cannot lease or sublease the declared warehouses, milling, grinding, and processing facilities to demonstrate compliance with the business conditions stated in their certificate for other traders to use in their applications for certification.
- Traders are only allowed to export organic rice, specialty rice, and nutrient-enhanced rice. They do not need to meet the conditions specified in points a and b of clause 1 and clause 2, do not require a Certificate, are exempt from the mandatory reserve requirement, and are subject to reporting responsibilities as specified in clause 2 of Article 24 of Decree No. 107/2018/NĐ-CP.
Application Documents for Certificate of Eligibility for Rice Export Business
- The application dossier for the Certificate of Eligibility includes:
a) Request for issuing the Certificate of Eligibility for rice export business (Form No. 01 attached to Decree No. 107/2018/NĐ-CP: 01 original copy).
b) Certified copy of the business registration certificate or the enterprise registration certificate, investment certificate.
c) Certified copy of the lease contract for the warehouse, milling, grinding, processing facility (for cases where traders lease warehouses, milling, grinding, processing facilities) or documents proving the right to use land and ownership of the warehouse, milling, grinding, processing facility (for cases where warehouses, milling, grinding, processing facilities are owned by traders).
d) Original copy or valid certified copy of the rice export contract signed by both parties.
- Processing time: Approval (15 days); Disapproval (7 days – returned with clear reasons for rejection).
- The Certificate of Eligibility is valid for 5 years from the date of issuance.
→ Contact us for inbound and outbound shipment to / from Vietnam – Email: email@example.com
Customs procedure of Export rice from Vietnam
Customs dossiers for export of rice normally include:
- Business registration (if exporting for the first time, no need for the next time)
- Commercial Invoice
- Letter of introduction
- With full container: Minutes of container handover
- For some branches: Add input documents for commercial goods
- With some branches: add the Agreement to develop the Customs – Enterprise Partnership
Additionally, please note the following procedures and documents to be prepared (if requested by the importing country):
- Certificate of Origin (C/O)
- Certificate of Free Sale (CFS)
- Certificate of Health (H/C)
- Phytosanitary Certificate
- Fumigation Certificate
*When performing customs procedures for rice exports, traders dealing in organic rice, specialty rice, and nutrient-enhanced rice without a Certificate only need to present the original or authenticated copy of a confirmation document or certification from authorized organizations or institutions. This document confirms that the exported rice product complies with the criteria and methods determined by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and the Ministry of Health, as stipulated in points d and dd of clause 2, clause 3, Article 22 of Decree No. 107/2018/NĐ-CP.
→ For more information about Vietnam’s customs system, please refer to the article Overview of Vietnam Customs System
Certificate of Vietnam origin
Currently, Vietnam has signed FTA with more than 50 countries in the world, there is the possibility that you can enjoy special preferential import duty when you import rice commodities from Vietnam
→ To check whether your country and Vietnam have MFN (Most favored nation) and FTA (Free Trade Agreement), you can check at the article: Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
→ To see List of FTA Vietnam joined, you can find at the article: List of FTA Vietnam Joined
→ Need service for applying C/O in Vietnam, contact for advice and quotation: +84 984 870 199 or +84 886 115 726
Freight Shipping from Vietnam
HP Global Vietnam – Freight Fowarder provide sea, air freight and customs brokerage, import – export license service for cargo transportation from Vietnam to the world and vice versa
Currently, centers of international airports and sea ports of Vietnam are:
From the North of Vietnam:
Export by sea: from Hai Phong (VNHPH)
Export by air: from Ha Noi (VNHAN)
From middle of Vietnam:
Export by sea and air: from Da Nang (VNDAD, VNDTS)
From South of Vietnam:
Export by sea and air: from Ho Chi Minh (VNSGN, VNHCM)
Most of all biggest airlines and shipping lines are having business in Vietnam, therefore, normally, it is convenient to find a shipping space.
Export Turnover of Rice from Vietnam
Export value of Rice from Vietnam annually:
Source: Synthesized data from statistics of the General Department of Customs Vietnam
Updated Export value of Rice from Vietnam per territories/countries:
Which countries does Vietnam export Rice to?
|Cote DIvoire (Ivory Coast)||228534316||104705970||115569590||91149847||102511578||156570930||252633047||207518982||218346175||294601574|
|United Arab Emirates||12102879||17023462||19442191||20205222||21205163||25752436||25721105||25000287||28541696||28494820|
|Timor-Leste (East Timor)||36786849||#N/A|
|United States of America||30741935||35654021||27839736||18404207||12608819||11909428||11910325||13941344||11722298||18551100|
|Tanzania (United Rep.)||8537003||11436473||8756253||4603472||8753650|
Source: Synthesized data from statistics of the General Department of Customs Vietnam
Select HP Global as the freight forwarder for your shipments import/export rice from Vietnam
HP Global is a freight forwarder with a top reputation in Vietnam.
- Registered with the US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC)
- Member of WCA (top network for independent forwarders in the world); SCN (Security Cargo Network)
- Member of VLA (Vietnam Logistics Business Association)
- A certified customs broker by the Vietnam Customs department
We provide following services:
- Sea freight from Vietnam sea ports to all over the world and vice versa.
- Air freight from Vietnam Airports to all over the world and vice versa
- Customs clearance service in Vietnam: Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh …
- Inland transportation in Vietnam: road, waterway, railway
- Certificate of Origin (C/O) services
- Consultation on the following contents: HS code, import tax, payment, product import policy, effective shipping solutions,…
- Other services: quality inspection, machinery inspection, cosmetic announcement, food supplement announcement, import, export license in Vietnam ….
- For rice exporting from Vietnam, we have experience of many year booking sea/air space and handling customs clearance for many customers
→ Contact us for freight and inbound and outbound services for shipments to / from Vietnam – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may concern:
For consultation and quotation for cargo import to and export from Vietnam, contact us as below details
Logistics HP Global Vietnam
Freight forwarder, Customs Broker and Vietnam Import/export license
Building No. 13, Lane 03, N003, Van Khe, La Khe, Ha Dong, Hanoi
Website: hpgloballtd.com / hptoancau.com
Phone: ++84 24 73008608 / Hotline: ++84 984.870.199/ ++84 886.115.726
– The article is for reference only, prior to using the content, it is suggested that you should contact HP Global for whether any update
– HP Global keep it full right copy right of the article. No copy for commercial purpose is approved.
– Any copy without approval by HP Global (even note quote from website hpgloballtd.com/hptoancau.com) can cause to our claim to google and related agencies.