Export Coffee From Vietnam Freight, Procedure And Export Duties In Vietnam
Do you want to import Coffee from Vietnam? You need to calculate freight from Vietnam to your place? You want to know more about Vietnam’s procedure and export duties on exporting Coffee from Vietnam?
In this article, Logistics HP Global Vietnam, whose many years in providing freight and logistics services export Coffee from Vietnam, share knowledge and advise on above issues.
HS code and export duty of Coffee in Vietnam
In importing/exporting any commodity, In order to properly determine duties, policies, procedures of the commodity, one of the first thing needed to determine is the HS code of the commodity
HS code of Coffee in Vietnam
Coffee under chapter 9: Coffee, tea, Paragoay tea and spices
|HS Code||Descriptions||Export VAT (%)||Export duty(%)|
|0901||Coffee, whether or not roasted or decaffeinated; coffee husks and skins; coffee substitutes containing coffee in any proportion.|
|– Coffee, not roasted:|
|090111||– – Not decaffeinated:|
|09011110||– – – Arabica WIB||0%||0%|
|09011130||– – – Robusta OIB||0%||0%|
|09011190||– – – Other||0%||0%|
|090112||– – Decaffeinated:|
|09011220||– – – Arabica WIB or Robusta OIB||0%||0%|
|09011290||– – – Other||0%||0%|
|– Coffee, roasted:|
|090121||– – Not decaffeinated:|
|– – – Not ground:|
|09012111||– – – Arabica WIB||0%||0%|
|09012112||– – – Robusta OIB||0%||0%|
|09012119||– – – Other||0%||0%|
|090122||– – Decaffeinated:|
|09012210||– – – Unground||0%||0%|
|09012220||– – – Ground||0%||0%|
|09019010||– – Coffee husks and skins||0%||0%|
|09019020||– – Coffee substitutes containing coffee||0%||0%|
The classification of a product to a certain HS code is based on the nature, composition, …. of the actual exported commodity at the export time, based on catalog, technical documents (if any) or /and decided by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification. The actual inspection results of the Customs and announcement by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification are the legal basis for applying the HS code to exported goods. Exporters are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the products are correctly classified.
Our above-advised HS codes are for reference only.
>> For more information about this content, please refer to the article Definition of HS code in Vietnam
→ For more information, read the article List of prohibited exports from Vietnam
Customs Duties on exporting Coffee in Vietnam
When exporting Coffee from Vietnam, the exporter has to pay:
Do not have to pay VAT (pursuant to current stipulations, VAT on exported commodities in Vietnam is 0%
Export duty: as per the above table
For taxable commodities with a tariff more than 0%, please note that cargo export to EU, UK or members of CPTTP, cargos can enjoy special preferential export duty under such FTAs
→ To check whether your country and Vietnam have MFN (Most favored nation) and FTA (Free Trade Agreement), you can check the article: Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
→ See List of taxable export commodities in Vietnam Here
Governmental management and export procedure of Coffee in Vietnam
What license does Coffee commodity need to export?
a, For unprocessed coffee products
Before carrying out export procedures, the exporter should contact the import partner to check whether the importing country requires service & fumigation inspection for this item or not, avoid the following question when exporting.
- In case the international goods sale and purchase contract requires inspection:
– Enterprises carry out epidemic inspection procedures with an inspection mechanism in accordance with the law on enforcement.
– Send verification verification Certificate to the purchaser according to the signed contract.
– The management agency does not require the enterprise to submit an inspection certificate when carrying out export procedures in this case.
- In case the sales contract does not require quarantine for the shipment:
– Enterprises carry out procedures for exporting goods according to current regulations and do not need to carry out quarantine for export shipments.
- For the export of goods, the country is required to check the epidemic:
The General Department of Customs is responsible for updating the list of countries with inspection requirements so that the application can automatically classify and check export shipments into the country with inspection requirements, which Vietnam is obliged to perform. Customs authorities only provide information on goods when enterprises submit quarantine certificates as service inspection agencies.
Vietnam is a member of the International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) and the World Trade Organization (WTO). Vietnam and WTO member countries, IPPC all stipulate that shipments subject to actual quarantine must be inspected and have a certificate of inspection to act as an inspection agency for export services attached to the shipments.
Cooperation in the field of law: Vietnam has signed cooperation associations on protection and fact checking with the following countries: Cuba; Russia; Mongolia; Chile; Romanian; China; Belarus; Uzbekistan; Kazakhstan. In these associations, all consignments subject to quarantine moving from the other contracting territory must be inspected and accompanied by a certificate of quarantine of the exporting country’s family. So, if you are exporting coffee to the countries on this list, you need to check the service for shipments.
b, For processed coffee products
Before completing export procedures, exporters should contact the importing partner to check whether the importing country requires food hygiene/safety/quality inspection for this item or not. to prepare and avoid problems after exporting.
Customs procedure of Export Coffee from Vietnam
Customs dossier for coffee export:
The customs dossier for exporting coffee normally includes:
- Business registration/certificate of tax identification number of the exporting enterprise (if exporting for the first time, the next time is not necessary) – A copy of the enterprise
- Commercial Invoice – Original
- Introduction paper – Original
- For full containers, it is necessary to add: Container handover minutes – Original
- For some branches: Add input documents for commercial goods – Copy of business
- For some branches: add the Agreement to develop the Customs-Enterprise Partnership – Original
- Certificate of fumigation (if any)
→ For more information about Vietnam’s customs system, please refer to the article Overview of Vietnam Customs System
Certificate of Vietnam origin of Coffee
Currently, Vietnam has signed FTA with more than 50 countries in the world, there is the possibility that you can enjoy special preferential import duty when you import Coffee commodity from Vietnam
→ To check whether your country and Vietnam have MFN (Most favored nation) and FTA (Free Trade Agreement), you can check at the article: Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
→ To see List of FTA Vietnam joined, you can find at the article: List of FTA Vietnam Joined
Freight Shipping from Vietnam
|HP Global Vietnam – Freight Fowarder provide sea, air freight and customs brokerage, import – export license service for cargo transportation from Vietnam to the world and vice versa|
Currently, centers of international airports and sea ports of Vietnam are:
From the North of Vietnam:
Export by sea: from Hai Phong (VNHPH)
Export by air: from Ha Noi (VNHAN)
From middle of Vietnam:
Export by sea and air: from Da Nang (VNDAD, VNDTS)
From South of Vietnam:
Export by sea and air: from Ho Chi Minh (VNSGN, VNHCM)
Most of all biggest airlines and shipping lines are having business in Vietnam, therefore, normally, it is convenient to find a shipping space.
For specific transportation time for specific route, you can find them in our website or contact ++84984870199 or email@example.com
Export Turnover of Coffee from Vietnam
Export value of Coffee from Vietnam annually:
Updated Export value of Coffee from Vietnam per territories/countries:
Which countries does Vietnam export Coffee to?
|Unit||June – 2023||First 6 months 2023|
|Volume||Value (USD)||Volume||Value (USD)|
|United States of America||Ton||13,233||34,831,482||77,726||180,111,126|
Source: Synthesized data from statistics of the General Department of Customs Vietnam
Select HP Global as the freight forwarder for your shipments import/export Coffee from Vietnam
HP Global is the freight forwarder with top reputation in Vietnam.
- Member of WCA (top network for independent forwarders in the world
- Registered with the US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC)
- Member of VLA (Vietnam Logistics Business Association)
- A customs broker who is certified by Vietnam Customs department
We provide following services:
- Sea freight from Vietnam sea ports to all over the world and vice versa.
- Air freight from Vietnam Airports to all over the world and vice versa
- Customs clearance service in Vietnam: Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh …
- Inland transportation in Vietnam: road, waterway, railway
- Certificate of Origin (C/O) services
- Consultation on the following contents: HS code, import tax, payment, product import policy, effective shipping solutions,…
- Other services: quality inspection, machinery inspection, cosmetic announcement, food supplement announcement, import, export license in Vietnam ….
- For Coffee exporting from Vietnam, we have experience of many year booking sea/air space and handling customs clearance for many customers
→ Contact us for freight and inbound and outbound services for shipments to / from Vietnam – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may concern:
For consultation and quotation for cargo import to and export from Vietnam, contact us as below details
Logistics HP Global Vietnam
Freight forwarder, Customs Broker and Vietnam Import/export license
Building No. 13, Lane 03, N003, Van Khe, La Khe, Ha Dong, Hanoi
Website: hpgloballtd.com / hptoancau.com
Phone: ++84 24 73008608 / Hotline: ++84 984.870.199/ ++84 886.115.726
– The article is for reference only, prior to using the content, it is suggested that you should contact HP Global for whether any update
– HP Global keep it full right copy right of the article. No copy for commercial purpose is approved.
– Any copy without approval by HP Global (even note quote from website hpgloballtd.com/hptoancau.com) can cause to our claim to google and related agencies.