Import Fabrics to Vietnam: Customs procedures; import duty and transportation
You want to export Fabric to Vietnam? You need to calculate freight from export warehouse to Vietnam? You want to know about Vietnam’s procedure and import duties on importing Fabric to Vietnam? Import procedures for Fabric?
In this article, Logistics HP Global Vietnam, whose many years in providing freight and logistics services import Fabric from many countries to Vietnam, will share knowledge and advise on above issues.
HS code and import duty of Fabric in Vietnam
HS code of Fabric in Vietnam
In importing/exporting any commodity, In order to properly determine duties, policies, procedures of the commodity, one of the first thing needed to determine is the HS code of the commodity
Fabrics can have a very diverse HS code, spanning chapter 50 to chapter 60. For details on the HS of apparel fabric, see the HS article and apparel import tax at Link: Import tax of fabric to Vietnam
The classification of a product to a certain HS code is based on the nature, composition, …. of the actual exported commodity at the import time, based on catalogue, technical documents (if any) or /and decided by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification. The actual inspection results of the Customs and announcement by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification are legal basis for applying HS code to imported goods. Importers are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the products are correctly classified.
Our above advised HS codes are for reference only.
→ For more information about this content, please refer to the article Definition of HS code in Vietnam
Duties, Taxes on importing Fabric to Vietnam
When importing Fabrics, the importer needs to pay import duties and value added tax (VAT).
VAT on Fabrics: 5-10%.
Preferential import tax rate on Fabrics is 5% – 20% ( depending on HS code).
Are Fabric banned from importing to Vietnam?
According to the current regulation, Fabric is not in the List of prohibited imports into Vietnam, so the enterprise can do the import procedure pursuant to current stipulations.
→ For more information, read the article List of prohibited imports into Vietnam
Governmental management on importing Fabric to Vietnam
What certificates are required in importing Fabric to Vietnam?
Pursuant to Circular No. 21 (No. 21/2017 / TT-BCT) taking effect from January 1, 2019, textile products listed in Appendix I of QCVN: 01/2017 / BCT Enclosed with Circular No. 21 (except for products with HS code 9619), the declaration of conformity is made before such products are sold on the Vietnamese market.
Enterprises importing textile products are not required to produce quality inspection results as prescribed in Circular No. 21 when carrying out customs clearance procedures.
Customs procedure of import Fabrics into Vietnam
What procedure of importing Fabric to Vietnam? What documents are needed when importing Fabric to Vietnam?
Customs dossier for importing Fabric commodity normally are as below:
- Commercial Invoice (Commercial Invoice)
- Bill of lading (Bill of Lading)
- Certificate of origin (Certificate of origin – in case the importer wants to enjoy special preferential import tax)
- In some cases: Packing List (Goods packing slip)
→ Contact us for inbound and outbound shipment to / from Vietnam – Email: email@example.com
Label for Fabric imported to Vietnam
According to current stipulation, cargo imported into Vietnam need to have sufficient label
Imported goods need to be fully labeled according to current regulations.
Goods labels must show the following contents:
a) Name of goods;
b) Name and address of the organization or individual responsible for the goods;
c) Origin of goods;
Select HP Global as the freight forwarder/customs broker for your shipments import Fabric into Vietnam
HP Global is the freight forwarder with top reputation in Vietnam
- Member of WCA (top network for independent forwarders in the world
- Registered with the US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC)
- Member of VLA (Vietnam Logistics Business Association)
- A customs broker who is certified by Vietnam Customs department
We provide following services:
- Sea freight from Vietnamese ports to other countries and vice versa.
- Air freight from Vietnam Airports to other countries and vice versa
- Customs clearance service in Vietnam: Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh …
- Inland transportation in Vietnam: road, waterway, railway
- Consultation on the following contents: HS code, import tax, payment, product import policy, effective shipping solutions,…
- Other services: quality inspection, machinery inspection, cosmetic announcement, food supplement announcement, import, export license in Vietnam ….
→ Contact us for freight and inbound and outbound services for shipments to / from Vietnam – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may concern:
- Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
- Overview of Vietnam Seaports
- Import Cosmetics to Vietnam: Procedure and Duty
For consultation and quotation for cargo import to and export from Vietnam, contact us as below details
Logistics HP Global Vietnam
Freight forwarder, Customs Broker and Vietnam Import/export license
Building No. 13, Lane 03, N003, Van Khe, La Khe, Ha Dong, Hanoi
Website: hpgloballtd.com / hptoancau.com
Phone: ++84 24 73008608 / Hotline: ++84 984.870.199/ ++84 886.115.726
– The article is for reference only, prior to using the content, it is suggested that you should contact HP Global for any update or not
– HP Global keep it full right copy right of the article. No copy for commercial purpose is approved.
– Any copy without approval by HP Global (even note quote from website hpgloballtd.com/hptoancau.com) can cause to our claim to google and related agencies.