Import Cosmetics to Vietnam: Customs procedures; import duty and transportation
With many years of experience in handling importing Cosmetics, in this article, Logistics HP Global summarizes the contents related to importing Cosmetics into Vietnam: Vietnam’s governmental management policy on importing Cosmetics; Import procedures for Cosmetics; Taxes on importing Cosmetics;… …
Definition of Cosmetic in Vietnam
According to Article 2, Circular No. 06/2011/TT-BYT dated 25 Jan 2011 of Vietnam Ministry of Heath on Cosmetics Management:
A cosmetic product is a substance or a preparation that is used for touch with outside parts of the human body (skin, hair system, fingernails, toenails, lip, and outside reproduction organs) or teeth and mouth mucous membranes with the main purpose of order to cleanse, aromatize, change the outward characteristics, form, adjust body’s smell, safeguard body, or maintain the human body in good condition.
According to Circular No. 06/2011/TT-BYT, there are 21 product types of cosmetic products as below:
- Creams, emulsions, lotions, gels, and oils for skin (hands, face, feet, etc.)
- Face masks (with the exception of chemical peeling products)
- Tinted bases (liquids, pastes, powders)
- Make-up powders, after-bath powder, hygienic powders, etc.
- Toilet soaps, deodorant soaps, etc
- Perfumes, toilet waters and eau de Cologne
- Bath or shower preparations (salts, foams, oils. gels, etc.)
- Deodorants and anti-perspirants
- Hair care products
- Shaving product (creams, foams, lotions, etc.)
- Products for making-up and removing make-up from the face and the eyes
- Products intended for application to the lips
- Products for care of the teeth and the mouth
- Products for nail care and make-up
- Products for external intimate hygiene
- Sunbathing products
- Products for tanning without sun
- Skin whitening products
- Anti-wrinkle products
- Others (please specify)
HS code and import duty of Cosmetics in Vietnam
HS code of Cosmetics in Vietnam
In order to properly determine policies, procedures of the import, one of the first thing needed to determine is the HS code of the commodity
Most cosmetic products are classified under group of HS 3304 “Beauty or make-up preparations and preparations for the care of the skin (other than medicaments), including sunscreen or sun tan preparations; manicure or pedicure preparations” in Vietnam’s List of Import and Export Goods
However, it should be noted that some cleaning products can be classified under group of HS 3401.
|HS Code||Descriptions||VAT||Preferential Import duty|
|33.04||Beauty or make-up preparations and preparations for the care of the skin (other than medicaments), including sunscreen or sun tan preparations; manicure or pedicure preparations.|
|33041000||– Lip make-up preparations||10%||20%|
|33042000||– Eye make-up preparations||10%||22%|
|– Manicure and pedicure preparations
|33049100||– – Powders, whether or not compressed||10%||22%|
|33049920||– – – Anti-acne preparations||10%||10%|
|33049930||– – – Other face or skin creams and lotions||10%||20%|
|33049990||– – – Other||
|34013000||– Organic surface-active products and preparations for washing the skin, in the form of liquid or cream and put up for retail sale, whether or not containing soap||
The classification of a product to a certain HS code is based on the nature, composition, …. of the actual imported commodity at the import time, based on catalogue, technical documents (if any) or /and decided by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification. The actual inspection results of the Customs and announcement by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification are legal basis for applying HS code to imported good. Importers are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the products are correctly classified.
Our above advised HS codes are for reference only.
For more information about this content, please refer to the article Definition of HS code in Vietnam
Duties, Taxes on importing Cosmetics to Vietnam:
When importing Cosmetics to Vietnam, the importer needs to pay import value added tax (VAT) and Import duty. The above table shows VAT and Preferential Import duty based on HS code
Currently, Vietnam have signed FTA with more than 50 countries in the world. In case Cosmetics is imported from countries with free trade agreements with Vietnam, they may enjoy special preferential import duties if they meet the conditions set by the agreement.
→ Updated Import Duty on Cosmetics to Vietnam under all FTA can be found HERE:
→ To check whether your country and Vietnam have MFN (Most favoured nation) and FTA (Free Trade Agreement), you can check at the article: Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
Governmental management on Cosmetics
What certificates are required in importing Cosmetics to Vietnam?
Cosmetic product is under management of the Ministry of Health.
The most important legal document is the Circular No. 06/2011 / TT-BYT 06/2011/TT-BYT dated 25 Jan 2011 of Vietnam Ministry of Heath on Cosmetic Management.
Accordingly, prior to go the market, the cosmetic product need to have Notification of Cosmetic Product which have Product Notification No. issued by Drug Administration of Vietnam under Ministry of Heath.
Notification of Cosmetic Product in Vietnam?
Notification of cosmetic product in Vietnam means the enterprise who have responsibility on the cosmetic products in the market declare, notify with the governmental official, that the cosmetics products will be sold in Vietnam market
The enterprise who notify the cosmetic product have fully responsibility and confirmation that the cosmetic product in the notification meets all the requirements of the ASEAN Cosmetic Directive, its Annexes and Appendices.
Notification of Cosmetic Product Dossier in Vietnam?
|HP Global provide service for apply for Cosmetics Notification in Vietnam -> Contact ++84 984870199, email firstname.lastname@example.org|
According to Article 4, Circular 06/2011/TT-BYT, dossier of cosmetic notification include:
- Template for Notification of cosmetic product
- Copy of Business Registration Certificate of enterprise in Vietnam (normally, it is the importer)
- Power of Attorney of the manufacturer/owner clearly indicate that the Client in Vietnam is authorized to carry out all necessary procedures to notify the cosmetic products at Drug Administration – Ministry of Health, in which all cosmetic products to be notified should be listed.
- Certificate of Free Sale (or Permit of Circulation) issued by the competent authority of the country of origin certifying that the product is permitted to be freely sold in domestic and overseas markets and/or is currently circulated in accordance with the law and regulations of the country of origin. (not required for CPTPP members)
The Power of Attorney and the CFS must be legalized by the Consulate of Vietnam in the host country.
Validity of Cosmetic Notification in Vietnam?
The Cosmetics Notification Number have 5 years of valid since the date of official received by Drug Administration of Vietnam under Ministry of Heath (Artile 10, Circular 06/2011/TT-BYT)
Method of Cosmetic Notification in Vietnam?
Submit online on Vietnam National Single Window https://vnsw.gov.vn/
Management on declaration value:
Cosmetics is in the list of management on declaration value
The cosmetics product should have sufficient label according to Vietnam stipulation
>> Cosmetics Proclamation Service, Customs brokerage and freight forwarding -> contact Hotline: ++84 984870199, email email@example.com
For more detailed advice on cosmetic notification, import procedures, shipping methods and full estimates for the entire shipment, please contact our customer service department by email info@ hpgloballtd.com or hotline ++84 98 487 0199
Customs procedure of import Cosmetics into Vietnam
Normally, customs documents for import commercial cosmetic product to Vietnam include:
a) Customs declaration
b) Contract, commercial invoice, packing list
c) Bill of lading, AWB
d) Valid Template for Notification of cosmetic product received and numbered by Drug Administration – Ministry of Health
e) Certificate of Origin (C/O) in case of special preferential import duty under FTA
(Circular 39/2018/TT-BTC dated 20 April 2018 Ministry of Finance – Vietnam)
Label for Cosmetics commodity imported to Vietnam:
According to current stipulation, cargo imported into Vietnam need to have sufficient label
Goods labels must show the following contents:
a) Name of goods;
b) Name and address of the organization or individual responsible for the goods;
c) Origin of goods;
d) Other contents according to the nature of each type of goods
Particularly for cosmetics, the following information is needed on the label:
b) Composition or quantitative components;
c) Batch number;
d) Production date or expiration date;
e) Usage instructions unless the presentation format clearly indicates how to use the product;
g) Information, warnings.
Freight Shipping For Cosmetics To Vietnam
|HP Global Vietnam – Freight Fowarder provide sea, air freight and customs brokerage, import – export license service for cargo transportation from Vietnam to the world and vice versa|
Shipping time by sea and by air
Currently, major markets that export Cosmetics to Vietnam are: France, Korea, Japan, Belgium, Israel, Germany ……………..
To check the time and freight for specific point to point, you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call/Zalo to ++8488-611-5726;++84 984870199
Besides, you can refer to the detailed shipping time from some major markets of Cosmetics to Vietnam at the articles:
Select HP Global as the freight forwarder/customs brokerage for your shipments import cosmetics into Vietnam
HP Global is the freight forwarder with top reputation in Vietnam. We are member of WCA (top network for independent forwarders in the world). HP Global is also a customs broker who is certified by Vietnam Customs department (by Decision No. 3629/QĐ-TCHQ) , we provide following services:
- Sea freight from Vietnamese ports to other countries and vice versa.
- Air freight from Vietnam Airports to other countries and vice versa
- Customs clearance service in Vietnam: Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh …
- Inland transportation in Vietnam: road, waterway, railway
- Consultation on the following contents: HS code, import tax, payment, product import policy, effective shipping solutions,…
- Other services: quality inspection, machinery inspection, cosmetic announcement, food supplement announcement, import, export license in Vietnam ….
- For cosmetics: HP Global can provide not only transportation door to door service but also cosmetics notifications service in Vietnam
→ Contact us for freight and inbound and outbound services for shipments to / from Vietnam – Email: email@example.com
You may concern:
For consultation and quotation for cargo import to and export from Vietnam, contact us as below details
Logistics HP Global Vietnam
Freight forwarder, Customs Broker and Vietnam Import/export license
Building No. 13, Lane 03, N003, Van Khe, La Khe, Ha Dong, Hanoi
Website: hpgloballtd.com / hptoancau.com
Phone: ++84 24 73008608 / Hotline: ++84 984870199/ ++84 8 8611 5726
– The article is for reference only, prior to using the content, it is suggested that you should contact HP Global for whether any update
– HP Global keep it full right copy right of the article. No copy for commercial purpose is approved.
– Any copy without approval by HP Global (even note quote from website hpgloballtd.com/hptoancau.com) can cause to our claim to google and related agencies.
Video Import Cosmetics to Vietnam: Procedure and Duty: