Import Plastic products to Vietnam:
Customs procedures; import duty and transportation
According to the Vietnam customs reports, Vietnam has gained fast development in exporting plastic products with annual rate of more than 10%. Plastic products made in Vietnam have been exported to over 150 markets in the world, such as: USA, Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, China, India, Middle East, Africa, EU…
You want to export Plastic products to Vietnam? You need to calculate freight from export warehouse to Vietnam? You want to know about Vietnam’s procedure and import duties on importing Plastic products to Vietnam? Import procedures for Plastic products?
In this article, Logistics HP Global Vietnam, whose many years in providing freight and logistics services import Plastic products from many countries to Vietnam, will share knowledge and advise on above issues.
HS code of Plastic products in Vietnam
In importing/exporting any commodity, In order to properly determine duties, policies, procedures of the commodity, one of the first thing needed to determine is the HS code of the commodity
In Vietnam’s Nomenclature of Exports and Imports, there is Chapter 39 particularly for “Plastics and Articles Thereof”. The plastic products are mainly listed in Sub-chapter II and under from 4 hypen 3916 to 3926, details as below:
VAT and preferential import duty on PLASTIC PRODUCTS to Vietnam in 2023
|3916||Monofilament of which any cross-sectional dimension exceeds 1 mm, rods, sticks and profile shapes, whether or not surface-worked but not otherwise worked, of plastics.|
|3917||Tubes, pipes and hoses, and fittings therefor (for example, joints, elbows, flanges), of plastics.|
|3918||Floor coverings of plastics, whether or not self- adhesive, in rolls or in the form of tiles; wall or ceiling coverings of plastics, as defined in Note 9 to this Chapter.|
|3919||Self-adhesive plates, sheets, film, foil, tape, strip and other flat shapes, of plastics, whether or not in rolls.|
|3920||Other plates, sheets, film, foil and strip, of plastics, non- cellular and not reinforced, laminated, supported or similarly combined with other materials.|
|3921||Other plates, sheets, film, foil and strip, of plastics.|
|3922||Baths, shower-baths, sinks, wash-basins, bidets, lavatory pans, seats and covers, flushing cisterns and similar sanitary ware, of plastics.|
|3923||Articles for the conveyance or packing of goods, of plastics; stoppers, lids, caps and other closures, of plastics.|
|3924||Tableware, kitchenware, other household articles and hygienic or toilet articles, of plastics.|
|3925||Builders’ ware of plastics, not elsewhere specified or included.|
|3926||Other articles of plastics and articles of other materials of headings 39.01 to 39.14.|
The classification of a product to a certain HS code is based on the nature, composition, …. of the actual exported commodity at the import time, based on catalogue, technical documents (if any) or /and decided by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification. The actual inspection results of the Customs and announcement by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification are legal basis for applying HS code to imported goods. Importers are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the products are correctly classified.
Our above advised HS codes are for reference only.
→ For more information about this content, please refer to the article Definition of HS code in Vietnam
Duties, Taxes on importing Plastic products to Vietnam:
When importing Plastic products to Vietnam, the importer needs to pay import value added tax (VAT) and Import duty. The above table shows VAT and Preferential Import duty based on HS code
Currently, Vietnam have signed FTA with more than 50 countries in the world. In case Plastic products is imported from countries with free trade agreements with Vietnam, they may enjoy special preferential import duties if they meet the conditions set by the agreement.
→ To check whether your country and Vietnam have MFN (Most favoured nation) and FTA (Free Trade Agreement), you can check at the article: Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
Are Plastic products banned from importing to Vietnam?
According to the current regulation, Plastic products is not in the List of prohibited imports into Vietnam, so the enterprise can do the import procedure pursuant to current stipulations.
→ For more information, read the article List of prohibited imports into Vietnam
Customs procedure to import Plastic products into Vietnam:
What procedure of importing Plastic products to Vietnam? What documents are needed when importing Plastic products to Vietnam?
Customs dossier for importing Plastic products commodity normally are as below:
- Commercial Invoice (Commercial Invoice)
- Bill of lading (Bill of Lading)
- Certificate of origin (Certificate of origin – in case the importer wants to enjoy special preferential import tax)
- In some cases: Packing List (Goods packing slip)
- Other documents (if any)
→ Contact us for inbound and outbound shipment to / from Vietnam – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Label for Plastic products imported to Vietnam
According to current stipulation, cargo imported into Vietnam need to have sufficient label
Imported goods need to be fully labeled according to current regulations.
Goods labels must show the following contents:
a) Name of goods;
b) Name and address of the organization or individual responsible for the goods;
c) Origin of goods;
d) Other contents according to the nature of each type of goods
Select HP Global as the freight forwarder/customs broker for your shipments import Plastic products into Vietnam
HP Global is the freight forwarder with top reputation in Vietnam
- Member of WCA (top network for independent forwarders in the world
- Registered with the US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC)
- Member of VLA (Vietnam Logistics Business Association)
- A customs broker who is certified by Vietnam Customs department
We provide following services:
- Sea freight from Vietnamese ports to other countries and vice versa.
- Air freight from Vietnam Airports to other countries and vice versa
- Customs clearance service in Vietnam: Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh …
- Inland transportation in Vietnam: road, waterway, railway
- Consultation on the following contents: HS code, import tax, payment, product import policy, effective shipping solutions,…
- Other services: quality inspection, machinery inspection, cosmetic announcement, food supplement announcement, import, export license in Vietnam ….
→ Contact us for freight and inbound and outbound services for shipments to / from Vietnam – Email: email@example.com
You may concern:
- Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
- Overview of Vietnam Seaports
- Import Cosmetics to Vietnam: Procedure and Duty
For consultation and quotation for cargo import to and export from Vietnam, contact us as below details
Logistics HP Global Vietnam
Freight forwarder, Customs Broker and Vietnam Import/export license
Building No. 13, Lane 03, N003, Van Khe, La Khe, Ha Dong, Hanoi
Website: hpgloballtd.com / hptoancau.com
Phone: ++84 24 73008608 / Hotline: ++84 984870199/ ++84 8 8611 5726
– The article is for reference only, prior to using the content, it is suggested that you should contact HP Global for whether any update
– HP Global keep it full right copy right of the article. No copy for commercial purpose is approved.
– Any copy without approval by HP Global (even note quote from website hpgloballtd.com/hptoancau.com) can cause to our claim to google and related agencies.