Shipping Furniture from Vietnam to The USA
In the imported furniture markets from Vietnam, the United States is one of the largest markets. You are importers/ exporters and want to know more about freight, shipping time, export procedure, import procedure from Furniture from Vietnam to The USA? Or you are finding a reputable forwarders, customs broker to handle your shipments from Vietnam to The USA?
In this article, Freight forwarder and customs broker HP Global Vietnam – who have many years of handling Furniture shipments from Vietnam to The USA will share information including: Furniture HS code in Vietnam, export duty in Vietnam, Certificate of Origin, shipping time from Vietnam to The USA; and some services we provide.
Some common furniture items exported from Vietnam to the United States
What furniture does Vietnam export to the United States?
What furniture does the United States import from Vietnam?
Furniture items fall under Chapter 94 in the list of import and export goods. The furniture items that Vietnam exports to the United States are mainly made of wood or have a frame, with parts made of wood or MDF pressed board. The wood used mainly comes from planted forests: acacia, pine, rubber, and eucalyptus. The largest volume of items include chairs, sofas, tables, cabinets for use in kitchens and bedrooms. Some of the most commonly exported furniture items from Vietnam to the United States as per HS code include:
Specific name of some items imported to the USA from Vietnam
|9401||Seats (other than those of heading 94.02), whether or not convertible into beds, and parts thereof|
|– Other seats, with wooden frames:|
|94016100||– – Upholstered||Upholstered seats, frame made of MDF and OSB; Sofa chair|
|940169||– – Other:|
|94016990||– – – Other||Chair made of acacia and eucalyptus wood, pressed wood; chair made of rubberwood, pine wood, beech wood; oak wood chair, walnut wood chair|
|9403||Other furniture and parts thereof|
|94034000||– Wooden furniture of a kind used in the kitchen||Birch wood, rubberwood, and MDF kitchen cabinet that can be disassembled; Beech wood kitchen cabinet; Pine wood dining table|
|94035000||– Wooden furniture of a kind used in the bedroom||Clothing cabinet, dressing table, and bed made from MDF board, pine wood, acacia wood, beech wood.|
|940360||– Other wooden furniture:|
|94036090||– – Other||Table, shelf, cabinet, footboard, and bed frame; cabinet used in the bathroom.|
|94039990||– – – Other||Chair legs, cabinet doors; Detachable kitchen cabinet …|
VAT and Export duty on Furniture in Vietnam to The USA
Logistics HP Global provides freight, customs services and import and export license for Vietnam – Hotline: ++84 984870199 – ++84 886115726// Email: email@example.com
In exporting Furniture to The USA, the Exporter does not have to pay duty, tax to Vietnamese Government, details are as below:
+ VAT on exported commodity: 0%
Pursuant to current stipulations, VAT on exported commodity in Vietnam is 0%, therefore the exporters do not have to pay VAT when export cargo from Vietnam to The USA
+ Export duty: Not apply
Furniture does not belong to Taxable export commodity in Vietnam, therefore, the exporters do not have to pay export duty when export Furniture from Vietnam to The USA
>> → See List of taxable export commodity in Vietnam Here
The classification of a product to a certain HS code is based on the nature, composition, …. of the actual exported commodity at the export time, based on catalogue, technical documents (if any) or /and decided by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification. The actual inspection results of the Customs and announcement by the Customs Department of Commodity Verification are legal basis for applying HS code to exported goods. Exporters are ultimately responsible for ensuring that the products are correctly classified.
Our above advised HS codes are for reference only.
>> For more information about this content, please refer to the article Definition of HS code in Vietnam
Governmental management and export procedure of Furniture out of Vietnam
What license does Furniture commodity need to export?
For furniture items (with HS codes as mentioned above) made from wood, it is necessary to have a timber origin dossier to ensure that the wood source is legal and included in the list of permitted wood for export. Specifically:
For timber origin dossier after processing from natural forest wood planted in the country, the organization exporting it should include an invoice in accordance with the regulations of the Ministry of Finance at the time of export of timber, along with a timber log confirmation from the local forest ranger unit (Article 17, 01/2012/TT-BNNPTNT – amended by Clause 10 of Article 2, 40/2015/TT-BNNPTNT).
If purchasing from domestic wood processing factories:
- An invoice according to the regulations of the Ministry of Finance.
- A timber log confirmation from the local forest ranger unit.
If purchasing from farmers:
- A timber log confirmation from the local authorities such as the People’s Committee of the ward, commune.
If importing wood materials from foreign countries:
- Natural wood furniture materials that are imported from foreign countries, and then processed into products such as tables, chairs, and cabinets, require an import declaration for the wood materials to be able to export the furniture items.
→ Contact us for inbound and outbound shipment to / from Vietnam: firstname.lastname@example.org ++84 88.611.5726 or ++84 98.487.0199
> Contact for advise on Timber origin dossier: email@example.com ++84 88.611.5726 or ++84 98.487.0199
Customs procedure of Export Furniture from Vietnam
Customs dossiers for export of Furniture normally include:
- Business registration (if exporting for the first time, no need for the next time)
- Commercial Invoice
- Letter of introduction
- With full container: Minutes of container handover
- For some branches: Add input documents for commercial goods
- With some branches: add the Agreement to develop the Customs – Enterprise Partnership
- Timber origin dossier (required in case furniture or part of furniture is made of wood)
→ For more information about Vietnam customs system, please refer to the article Overview of Vietnam Customs System
Certificate of Vietnam origin of Furniture:
What form of certificate of origin is used when shipping goods from Vietnam into The USA?
HP Global Logistics – providing services for applying for certificates of origin, import and export permits and customs services – Hotline: ++84 984870199 // Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When exporters export cargo from Vietnam, currently, Vietnam Government does not require those exporters to submit certificate of origin of Vietnam. However, normally, many importers in the USA will require exporters in Vietnam provide Certificate of origin of Vietnam.
Currently, there is still no FTA between Vietnam and The USA, therefore, to show the country of origin of Vietnam, the Vietnam exporters can apply for C/O form B to provide to importers in The USA
→ To check whether your country and Vietnam have MFN (Most favored nation) and FTA (Free Trade Agreement), you can check at the article: Overview Of Trade Relations Between Vietnam And The World
→ To see List of FTA Vietnam joined, you can find at the article: List of FTA Vietnam Joined
Shipping time for importing Furniture from Vietnam to The USA
|HP Global Vietnam – Provide sea, air freight for import/export Furniture from Vietnam to countries in the world and vice versa|
Currently, transporting furniture from Vietnam to the United States is mainly done by Sea: either by full container load (FCL) or by less than container load (LCL) consolidation. In urgent cases, customers can choose Air freight as a transportation method.
US seaports are importing a lot of furniture from Vietnam, including ports on the east coast and ports on the west coast, which may include:
- NEW YORK – NY, USA (Port code: USNYC)
- LONG BEACH – CA, USA (Port code: USLGB)
- LOS ANGELES – CA, USA (Port code: USLAX)
- SAVANNAH – GA, USA (Port code: USSAV)
- NORFOLK – VA, USA (Port code: USORF)
- CHARLESTON – SC, USA (Port code: USCHS)
- HOUSTON – TX, USA (Port code: USHOU)
- CHICAGO – IL, USA (Port code: USCHI)
- OAKLAND – CA, USA (Port code: USOAK)
- MIAMI – FL, USA (Port code: USMIA)
- SEATTLE – WA, USA (Port code: USSEA)
- DALLAS – TX, USA (Port code: USDAL)
- TACOMA – WA, USA (Port code: USTIW)
- MEMPHIS – TN, USA (Port code: USMEM)
- JACKSONVILLE – FL, USA (Port code: USJAX)
- COLUMBUS – OH, USA (Port code: USCMH)
- TAMPA – FL, USA (Port code: USTPA)
- CITY OF INDUSTRY – C, USA (Port code: USJID)
- EDISON – NJ, USA (Port code: USEDN)
- LAKELAND FLA, USA (Port code: USLAL)
- BALTIMORE – MD, USA (Port code: USBAL)
- ATLANTA – GA, USA (Port code: USATL)
- MOBILE – AL, USA (Port code: USMOB)
- NEWARK – NJ, USA (Port code: USEWR)
- DENVER – CO, USA (Port code: USDEN)
- CHICAGO ILL, USA (Port code: USDPA)
- HONOLULU – HA, USA (Port code: USHNL)
- NEW YORK NY, USA (Port code: USJRB)
- LAWRENCEBURG – IN, USA (Port code: USLVU)
- KANSAS CITY – KS, USA (Port code: USKCK)
In addition, most ports and airports in the US that import goods from Vietnam also have transactions related to furniture products.
The time and cost of shipping furniture from Vietnam to the US:
How long does it take to send furniture from Vietnam to the US?
What is the cost of shipping furniture from Vietnam to the US?
If shipping by sea, the time depends on many factors such as the departure port, arrival port on the east or west coast, and the service used, which can range from 22 to 50 days. If delivered inland, an additional 7-10 days of rail/ramp time is required. For air freight, the main service is transit, and the transportation time can range from about 3-10 days depending on the service.
To update and specific time and cost for your shipment, please contact: ++ 84 8 8611 5726 // Email: email@example.com / ++84 984870199
Shipping process of Furniture from Vietnam
Once the goods are ready and delivered to the carrier at the named place or the exporter’s warehouse, the Furniture to The USA shipping process will include the following steps:
B1: Transport Furniture from exporter’s warehouse to export port
B2: Export clearance (note: some items will require quarantine/fumigation, etc. Need to fill in or delete if nothing special)
B3: Loading and unloading goods at the yard
B4: International shipping (sea, air, …)
B5: Import clearance + Tax payment
B6: Exploiting goods at the import port
B7: Transporting goods from the warehouse/port to the importer’s warehouse
Select HP Global as the freight forwarder for your shipments import/export Furniture from Vietnam
HP Global is the freight forwarder with top reputation in Vietnam.
- Member of WCA (top network for independent forwarders in the world
- Registered with the US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC)
- Member of VLA (Vietnam Logistics Business Association)
- A customs broker who is certified by Vietnam Customs department
We provide following services:
- Sea freight from Vietnamese ports to other countries and vice versa.
- Air freight from Vietnam Airports to other countries and vice versa
- Customs clearance service in Vietnam: Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh …
- Inland transportation in Vietnam: road, waterway, railway
- Consultation on the following contents: HS code, import tax, payment, product import policy, effective shipping solutions,…
- Other services: quality inspection, machinery inspection, cosmetic announcement, food supplement announcement, import, export license in Vietnam ….
- For Furniture export to The USA from Vietnam, we can provide full services including international freight, customs clearance, C/O and timber origin dossier. We have many years of experience for route Vietnam – The USA as well as commodity Furniture, Therefore it is confident that we can provide you with very suitable advises and best quotations
→ Contact us for freight and inbound and outbound services for shipments to / from Vietnam – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may concern:
For consultation and quotation for cargo import to and export from Vietnam, contact us as below details
Logistics HP Global Vietnam
Freight forwarder, Customs Broker and Vietnam Import/export license
Building No. 13, Lane 03, N003, Van Khe, La Khe, Ha Dong, Hanoi
Website: hpgloballtd.com / hptoancau.com
Phone: ++84 24 73008608 / Hotline: ++84 984870199/ ++84 8 8611 5726
– The article is for reference only, prior to using the content, it is suggested that you should contact HP Global for whether any update
– HP Global keep it full right copy right of the article. No copy for commercial purpose is approved.
– Any copy without approval by HP Global (even note quote from website hpgloballtd.com/hptoancau.com) can cause to our claim to google and related agencies.